Ultimate Subaru Message Board

official build thread.........this is monstaru2

monstaru

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that. I tried it once and didn't get very far.:-\ Maybe you can use the hippies like a Flintstones car, problem is you can't go very fast and you have to stop at every dunkin donuts (whether you want to or not).:lol:

gas tank?whats that.

this thing will run on love!(i'll be stashing hippies body parts in the body panels).......:grin:

cheers, brian

Im gonna take a guess here.

Based on the fact that:

you cut the rear of the hatch out,

You have lots of 1.5 DOM tubing

supposedly involves a tubing bender,

I am going to say your building a twin a arm rear suspension.

If I am right, How are you planing on connecting the rear hub to a twin a arm setup?

either that or you are swapping in a vw swing axle setup.

or you lost you mind and decided to put a 4 link solid rear axle under there.Although that wouldn't require cutting out the floor.

i am going to see if i can close this thread and start another chapter.i will post a link to this thread , so that people can see the maniacal progressions, and failures as such......

on to the next chapter peeps!some will stay secret(so scott can't steal my ideas!:grin:kidding scott:))

and some will get posted,but in the end......she will be awesome, i promise.well, at least to us subie nuts.the rest of the 4x4 world will give there crafty, and negative comments as usual.but this time, they will do it below me on the trail......not above.:)

cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru