Ultimate Subaru Message Board

official build thread.........this is monstaru2

monstaru

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking that last night when i saw the pics.........we'll see what comes of the mounting.

remember also , this vehicle will not see above 40ish miles per hour......

gotta find some bearings for in between the top spring basket and strut top.......

get those radius rods cut and threaded,then i can mount up the front end.

cheers, brian

remember also , this vehicle will not see above 40ish miles per hour......

I never bent one on the street :lol:

hard to tell from the pictures. and will totally depend on how you use the rig....but I'm pretty sure one day out on the trails up here with me driving, and that thing would be folded back on itself

chux , your only thinking of normal stresses. when you can slow down and crawl up something instead of hammer it and hope you make it,things tend to be different.they are a weak point, i know that.

just trying to forge a new path to the horizons that we all want to conquer ......more travel.

which by the way realistically is only achieving like 2 inches.which is actually alot in the terms of stock limitations.

i personally do not think that more travel is going to net what we think it will.

we all have always said that the gearing is our downfall.well, i'll have amazing ************ing gearing .

and a slightly modified suspension.

i have to admit that i am not as experienced 4wheeling as some here, or other places.but, i know people that have beat the ************ out of their subarus and never bent a radius rod.myself included.

i am just an all around rough driver.ask baccaruda about that. i do not go light on my stuff.never have.

so, i would think that driving style comes into play here......

we'll have to see how it goes.if they fold i will make some out of sleeved 1" tubing.i'll get a solid rod to fit inside and just progressively get bigger until the whole damn car is made out of tubing if i have to.damnit.

it will work, regardless of the current configuration.i am stoked on the offset,due to the great clearance behind the tire and a-arm i get out of it.

cheers, brian

Just throw caution to the wind, and friekin make the whole stinkin thing FULLY articulated, with crazy fat coil overs, and all custom tubed suspension and endoskeliton then just shell it with the hatch body...oh wait thats this winters project huh. :lol:

oh yea, it totally depends on the conditions. on the rocks up here....you have to have some momentum to get over the top (because you won't have any traction), so you bend stuff.

I don't know, it's hard to say what it'll mean in your situation. regardless, the only thing I would change is I'd throw a gusset on the lower side of it to make sure it maintain's that angle....

although, I forgot about the gearing. that'll definitely help a ton.

yeah, i definitely did not predict the severe offset.......they will be reinforced somehow.this is only the second set of radius rods i have made to try an accomplish this part of the puzzle.but i think these will work.

the expiriment continues......cheers, brian

and mugsy, its EXO-skeleton.get it right,geezus:)

• 6 months later...

it all started with this...i have been gathering brackets and tabs and such for a while to be able to just fabricate wheneer i have time to do so....

IMG_3670.jpg

then it grew....

IMG_3672.jpg

and some more...

IMG_3675.jpg

until it all of sudden was a mount for a balljoint on the topside!

IMG_3685.jpg

cheers, brain:grin:

i knew YOU would like it...you gotta do about the same thing......

and i wish that was shine.shine is my favorite.can't find any here:mad:well, anymore:lol:....

cheers, brian

Looks great.

Btw is that your glass jug o' shine for sippin' LOL!

No i don't. There will be zero suabru parts in my suspension.

thats unfortunate......

anyway, so, i helped my brother move today, and was gone all day.so when i got home i figured out what i was going to do to mount the upper ball joint...

then started thinkin about food shortly after...and that is where i am at...

i am hoping to be throwing the front together by this weekend.....i am excited to see what comes of it..

cheers, brian

whenever we decide to meet for our thAng.:grin:hopefully. this is my "BUILD OFF" car...............

Been over a year on this build thread, when do you plan to have it trailable???

welp, i know i know, this thread is worthless without pics..

i will get some, but they will be uber random, and puzzlesque....

i figured out what i need to do for the front suspension i want to run. did some fabbin this weekend.worked out well.i should be done with it by the end of the week.

need to find some 16" subie rims(5x100 steelies).

as soon as i get some rims i can mount the tires , and see what height i am working with.and finish the back up....then i can start the mounting of everything to the car.should be comin along pretty quick here (at least for me):lol:

cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru

• 2 weeks later...