Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hitachi carb upgrade or Weber replacement?

On the stock subaru carbs, don't they respond to the ecu preferentially? Like they need the ecu for that type of carb? If you did the stock carb swap would you need to swap the ecu for best gain? Pins are different arent they as well?

Or, do they all work with the carb style ECUs?

On the stock subaru carbs' date=' don't they respond to the ecu preferentially? Like they need the ecu for that type of carb? If you did the stock carb swap would you need to swap the ecu for best gain? Pins are different arent they as well?

Or, do they all work with the carb style ECUs?[/quote']

Don't know about matching ECU's with the carb, but you can definitely eliminate all that crap with a non-feedback hitachi or weber. My soob now has a weber 32/36, and when the ECS light comes on...NOTHING happens! :banana:

Go Weber! ... I Really Suggest you to Swap there a Weber Carb as long as you Can, but Check Emmissions` Laws too.

My EA82 Subie Feels Soo Good with the Weber 32/36 Carb, and it has More Power while keep things Simple.:banana:

I Have a Writeup with pics about how to do the Weber Swap in EA82 Engines, see my "Public Profile" Page Here (Click on my Avatar) to reach a Brief List of my Writeups... Maybe it can Help you.

Kind Regards! ... Good Luck!

Thanks for the replys! I'll be going by way of the Weber. Probably electric choke

Model. Just a little apprehension because of emissions here in Texas...the thought of

Unplugging hoses and cleaning up the engine bay sounds nice but not if I have to

Put my tail between my legs from not passing inspection. Later yall!