Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea to ej coupe project

I Like the Way the New Gauges are Placed in the Center Console! ... Along with the Stick Switches, they Give to the Car`s Interior a Retro-Futurist Look, Like a Classic James Bond Film`s Car! ... :) ... So Nice!

Also All the Project Looks Clean, Well Done! ... Thank you for Posting Pictures and Sharing Experiences.

Kind Regards.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

ok so made a big step forward on my coupe project got the 2wd subframe out and the 4wd subfame in whata dog that was but i love the way it sets plenty of ground clearance although its a road car it might see some dirt roads and a little clearance is nice.

S5030347.jpg

S5030349.jpg

KYB goodness

• 1 month later...

ok so here is what i have done now that its warm out pulled the dash out swapped the auto speedo cable for the 5 speed one also disassembled the guages and removed the letters PRND21 much cleaner looking and i like the guage setup. I got the bumper mocked up fog lights wired in with the high beams. cleaned the engine bay removed the wiring for the prnd21 lights and located the hot for the revers lights for the trans. im buying my 2.2 on friday and im gonna put in in and get it running

S4300384.jpg

S4300385.jpg

S4300402.jpg

S4300404.jpg

S4300417.jpg

S4300420.jpg

S4300421.jpg

S4300394.jpg

ok so new pics isnt it perdy

S4300240.jpg

S4300242.jpg

S4300243.jpg

S4300244.jpg

S4300245.jpg:slobber::slobber::slobber:

it looks like its ment to be :) but now i have a problem im not getting spark im gonna try a different ignition modual but for now anyone have any ideas i have fule and compression let me know your ideas thanks bunches Rob

Edited by subaruguru

ok so after the last few days i was about ready to throw in the towel on my 89 coupe but with some help from subardave,numbchux,bratsrus1 and shawnW it now RUNS !!!! the coil was nolt getting any power fixed that and with a bump of the starter my 89 coupe has EJ power :):banana::banana:

here is a short clip more to come when its driving.

th_S4300440.jpg

thanks again to Subardave,bratsrus1,shawnW and numbchux

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...