Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa MudCoast Road Rally

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!!

You're notice is here for MudCoast! That's right--no more guessing when the Road Rally team is going to call it.... we told you we'd give you 48 hours notice--well.... we're doubling that!

SO. Go to http://www.roadrallycharities.com and REGISTER for MUDCOAST. This is a FREE event!

We'll be meeting for breakfast at Waveland Cafe near the Fairgrounds on the EAST SIDE. We'll be there around 9:00am. We'll be setting out on our MudCoast adventure at 10:30am. YOU MUST BE THERE BY 10:30!!! The ship sets sail... we're no waiting... no matter how many of the Road Rally cell phones you know--we're outta there!!!

There will be 3 awards for this year's MudCoast.

The "No Prayer to Finish" AWARD

If you bring you're Neon with Blizzaks you'll definitely qualify for this award

The "Good Samaritan" AWARD

You qualify for this award, even though you're mocking the Neon because you're in your Series III Land Rover. But your heart softens when you see that Neon/Blizzak set up up to its axles in mud and you wench them out... You are... a Good Samaritan.

The "Dirtiest Vehicle" AWARD

While the Series III is wenching out the Neon, you decide to wreak havoc on the Level B road and shoot mud everywhere... and you qualify for the dirtiest vehicle award. However, you shoot all that mud on the Neon. So most likely, if not careful, the Neon goes away with 2 awards that day.

We'll be getting back into town later afternoon on Saturday. The dirtier the better. If you want anyone to meet up with us, we'll be finishing at our favorite place in town--Skybox Lounge.

We'll be presenting awards, watching raw video, and sharing pictures from the day at 6:00pm sharp at Skybox Lounge.

THIS EVENT IS FREE!!!!!

So come out and enjoy a crazy day in the beautiful world of Level Bs.

BUT WE CANNOT STRESS--THESE ARE "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK" ROADS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE. WE PROBABLY WON'T HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN OUR OWN WENCHES. YOU MAY HAVE TO CALL A TOW TRUCK. THEY DON'T LIKE IT WHEN WE DO THIS. THEY LIKE TO CHARGE LOTS WHEN WE GET STUCK! SO KNOW YOUR VEHICLE, AND KNOW THIS EVENT. NO WHINERS WHEN YOU GET STUCK. ONLY LOTS OF SMILES AND LAUGHS!

This is NOT a speed event. In fact, sometimes the slower the better. Your goal is to take lots of pictures, to finish the course, and to make it back to Skybox to share stories and see who won the awards.

Go to http://www.roadrallycharities.com and sign up today. See you Saturday morning!!!

Ryan & Kevin & Dan & Julia & Jeff & Susan & Eric & Jason & Steve @ Road Rally Charities

Ok Iowa or anyone who can and wants to come guys. Mud Coast Run, i am attending. Now if someone wants to ride with me koo or bring your own rig. Brent, Dennis, Mick cummon guys you know you want to do this.

I looked thru the thing on the rally site, I am not seeing where this is located..

I might be able to attend, but I would have to be a rider. My tribeca might be tuff, but its also a lease!! LOL

So any info on where this event is?

I could be blind and just missed it, but...

meet at the Iowa State Fairgrounds east of Des Moines. Saturday April 4.

8:30AM breakfast, 10:30AM departure. Awards at 6PM at Skybox lounge.

I can take a rider, in the rescue wagon. Dennis will take his BRAT and Ben takes Guido.

fun stuff.

Brat's [hill holder] is working...

got my parentsa coming down, and weekend visits to prison, so I'm out. plus my 2 vehicles I would take on this are non-running at the moment....

Hmmm... the last time Denis got stuck on a B road, was his prom night I believe.... :)

So dennis did sign up, couldnt send him a pm because he refuses to empty his box.:lol:

502 messages in box :grin:

Hmmm... the last time Denis got stuck on a B road, was his prom night I believe.... :)

you are correct, SENIOR prom :burnout: in the mud was funner!!

A good time should be had buy all. You in dennis.

just recently registered as team subiemech85

Probally not going to be able to attend now:mad: but please the rest of you go and have fun for me. And take lots of pictures.

that's what my nikon d60 does best :banana:

over 1,000 pictures on one charge, no second battery necessary

hopefully will have a new 5g.gif installed for the event

my Panasonic 4 in one cam can take over 3 hours of video.....:lol: and it does pictures, video, mp3 or just audio. like will hold over 10,000 pics on my 512 card.

I will try to rig up a mount stand for dash cam but i think dennis should go ahead of me so i can get shots of his BRAT.

I put the USMB sticker from McBrat onto the rescue wagon last night.

Uh, Dude.....

my Panasonic 4 in one cam can take over 3 hours of video.....:lol: and it does pictures, video, mp3 or just audio. like will hold over 10,000 pics on my 512 card.

I will try to rig up a mount stand for dash cam but i think dennis should go ahead of me so i can get shots of his BRAT. (Getting Stuck:grin:)

I put the USMB sticker from McBrat onto the rescue wagon last night.

Uh, Dude.....

I know im pissed, i was like is there any other weekend i can work to not half to work this one. They said no they need to be shipped out buy saturday afternoon and saturday is the only day to do it. Sucks royaly i wanted to have some fun. Jesus im mad, anyways hope you guys have fun.

lunch time power shopping for Mudcoast rally done.

1 squeegee with scrubber

1 5qt jug castrol 10W-30

1 gallon distilled water (i have antifreeze at home)

4 pack of ratcheting straps 10foot each for strapping spares to roof rack

coffee for the AM

forgot the pink flamingo for the cargo rack,

so i stopped at dollar store and picked up twin rally mascot stuffed things (1 for dennis, one for me)

should be ready set go