Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Let's see everyones OFF ROAD light set-up

Pooparu

My brothers old wagon, thought it might be fun to add some more lights!

subaru_ea81_lightmod4.jpg

And my brumby before I sold it, a 165 rectangle Hella mounted behind the petrol tank for rear lighting and two 12v fluro tube mounted to the side of that support beam under the car below the seats. I also ran two 165 rectangle spotties on the bullbar and the quad lights used 100w H1 on the inners and Narva +50's H4 55/60w on the outters. So much light the road signs were blinding.

brumby_underbodylights.jpg

• Like 2

IMG_6978.JPG

CIMG3663.JPG

2 on the front tow bar, 4 on the front of the rack, 2 on the back of the rack. I used to have another 2 on the sides of the rack, but I took those off.

Here is the control panel

IMG_6966.JPG

I have a 4 gauge wire from the battery going to a custom separate fuse panel below the glove box. Every pair of lights has a switch, a relay, and its own fuse!

bumper.jpg

lights1.jpg

Aux backup lights tucked up under the handle. Wired into the rear defrost switch as my defrost lines are gone off the window anyway.

(I have a remote power port wired to a toggle on the dash that has a little 12V heater mounted in the back to defrost the window,

can also use the port for air compressors, ect.)

lights3.jpg

Edited by TeamCF

Here's Sophia with her Lightforce 240s sporting blue filters, which increase contrast so you can tell the difference between the snow on the road and the snow in the air.

n64200722_30217062_3333.jpg

And the cheap floodlights on the back bumper, wired to either come on manually or with the stock reverse lights.

n64200722_30217063_4169.jpg

And here's Roxanne (RIP), with the Lightforce 170s, as well as rack-mounted floods and spots.

n64200722_30012195_2930.jpg

I've got fog lights off a newer ford ranger with 100w blue bulbs that I trimmed up and recessed into the grill, and a PIAA wiring harness/switch w/ relay. And if I ever buy/build a basket roof rack I have spot lights to put on.

December2008needsediting301.jpg

Nice bumper!:slobber: Did you fab that yourself?

Phizinza....I'm LOVING the rock light setup. never seen 'em on a subie.

MysteriousXTC....awesome bumper. seriously impressive fab work there!

PICT0633.jpg

n56005990_30234872_3796.jpg

PICT1180.jpg

FYI, the corner lights on the blue wagon were re-wired. the orange, side-facing ones as parking lights, and the white, front-facing ones as turn signals. which is why they're off.

Edited by Numbchux