Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Roll Bars and winch bumpers - Original Colors?

Hey fellas. I'm about to drop some stuff off at the powder coating place. A high roll bar and a winch bumper, and I'm sort of on the fence about what color to go with. Right now I am strongly leaning toward a flat black or maybe a semi-gloss black. Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, brat is never going to be a perfect restoration, but I am putting an effort into keeping it original where I can. So my question(s) to you fellas is:

What colors were available originally for the roll bars and winch bumpers?

Most of them I have seen have been white. Though I think I have seen a few winch bumpers that are a powder blue color.

One more question too. I'll be selling the low roll bar that is currently in my brat. I am thinking about dropping it off at the powder coater too, to make it more valuable. Would you think there would be much interest in this from board members?

Have a great weekend everyone,

Crabman

What colors were available originally for the roll bars and winch bumpers?

Black and white were all I've ever seen stock on the bumpers that weren't chrome. Same for the bars -b/w.

There's a few chromed bars out there for sure. I don't recall an aftermarket co. making them but I'm not Joe 4Wheel either.

Winch - Yellow Check my gallery it should show you my rig.

Orange wouldn't be out of place but yellow for mechanical is SOP to me.