Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I live in Rhode Island and Costa Rica looking to buy a nice brat

Not the orange harley looking one. I want a manual ,gen 2 , with ac, i guess i can add roll bars, brush guard . jump seats and camper shell. An get it lifted.

That one in tuson for 2500 sounds ok but has 150000 on it and says the interior is rough

I think i will be paying 4 to 10 thousand for a clean rust free low milage or really well rebuilt one.

I just finished throat cancer treatment so im not into doing any work.

I do the craigslist search on google but not all seem to come up.

I am in rhode island most of the time now while im recovering.

I will check here and ebay and try to search craigslist you guys have craigslist

listings on here that i havent seen.

Thank you

i still have not figured out a way to hook the AC back up after lift kit install. Just so you know.

-The belt on the AC compressor after the lift, will run right into the lower radiator hose. The compressor on mine still sits in its stock location, but there is no hope in making a belt go back on it, and not inerfere with either the hose, or the frame rail, or both. This is going to take some serious fab work on a guide pulley to push the belt up or down from where the radiator hose is.

Everyone on here said it can ba done, but every picture i see, shows the compressor, like mine, mounted, but no BELT on it. thus no AC.

the one in san marcos cal is still for sale for 4950 manual with AC and a cap

says leather seats only one pic says 92000 or so miles. Cost of shipping it to rhode island i why im not rushing to buy it, I deffinatly have to have a manual shift andthe other vehicles with over a 150000 tend to scare me off.

Its got 150000 on it and no AC so far the one for 4950 in San Marcos with 92000 is tops on my list and the only one really. Add the shipping from cal to rhode island and its a bit much. Im not in too much of a rush. It was 55 here today and i took out my 1959 studebaker silverhawk. I only want another vehicle so i can teach my wife to drive a standard. I figure might as well make it a vehicle that is functional year round up here in new england and collectible if i dont use it much or i want to spiff it up and then decide to get rid of it . It wont depriciate. I also live in Costa Rica but im stuck here most of the time for the next 8 months. My vehicles in costa rica are 4 legged or 4x4 with manual shift. My wife just got her licence here a few months ago.

So i got to teach her to drive a stick. Shes a good driver she wont tear it up too bad

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna buy one from british columbia only 53000 miles 1985 manual shift AC and has the high double window topper. gotta ship it to rhode island .

I want to get one of those A bars and a roll bar.

I will have to find the bratman in waldoboro maine .

My family has a camp in Denmark Maine