Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Build Thread: The Sedamn

bigo1966

1986 Sedan, D/R,

225/70R15

4" lift from Bill "The Beast I drive" (heavy duty lift kit, very good quality)

6-Lug conversion, wheels off a wagoneer

Installing the lift kit wasent that bad. The worst part of it all was extending the steering shaft(steering is slightly off now, DANG) and it took 2 trys to extend the shift linkage correctly. Now it works fine. I was able to still use all the stock radiator hoses and heater core hoses.

Future plans include:

Long travel rear coil overs (delete current coil over lift brackets)

5" strut lift blocks(level up the car)

Custom exhaust

Paint

Stuff a 1100cc VMAX motor under the hood and get rid of the EA-82(summer)

Tube bumpers

Cut fenders and anything else.

Thats it for now.

Then:DSCN3189.jpg

Now:DSCN3458.jpg.jpg[/img]

DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3452.jpg

Edited by bigo1966

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate it,you could have gone so much farther with the tube....why didn't you build another one ?there were ideas to build upon,measurements already taken.......

waste of time to build something you KNOW you can build.unless it is just cherry,which the sedan is not.

just my opinion.your wasting potential.

cheers or not, brian

Edited by monstaru
forgot a major point.......potential

Thanks for the positive feedback. After I first saw pics of lifted sedans I knew that was the next project. Bill is right also; IT IS COOL cause its MINE! And wheeling in the winter with a open cabin sucks. But its hella fun in the summer. Also my garage isn’t built yet so an open cabin in a rain storm is a mess.

Brian: Do you ever read your emails before you post? You must have a lot of hate built up or something. It’s a “build thread” not a “look at my finished sedan thread” What do you know about me wasting my potential….that’s what I thought.

That’s what erks me about forums, you get people on here who have issues with themselves and take it out on others for no reason.

And we all know what opinions are like…..

i read them as i post.

i love myself(sometimes to much:lol:),and i still think you have more potential.

you can enclose a buggy.

well,sorry i was not stroking your ego like everyone else.i was just being honest.

you know what i hate about forums?that people can't take a nudge here and a nudge there.they are to serious.......

i thrive on brutal honesty,it is the only thing that makes me feel better inside.:rolleyes:

i wasna tryin to bash your ************ dude.it just seems to me like a step back in your progression grasshoppa.......

your right, it is a"build thread" and i'll be following it so i can steal your ideas.:)

oh, and everyone i know here thinks i am an *********************,so don't worry, we are covered :rolleyes:cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru

Brian is a good guy and has gone out of his way to help me even though we live thousands of miles away, he is brutally honest and has strong opinions but I have never taken anything from it and I advise you to do the same, he means no harm, he just likes to poke!:lol:

remember TROGDOR! ..... "I pokes badgers with spoons"

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=130787&highlight=badgers#post130787

i hate it,you could have gone so much farther with the tube....why didn't you build another one ?there were ideas to build upon,measurements already taken.......

waste of time to build something you KNOW you can build.unless it is just cherry,which the sedan is not.

just my opinion.your wasting potential.

cheers or not, brian

So we should all only build things things that challenge us, rather than build things we actually want to and/or would have fun building? That's silly.

Why do some members always want to turn what is supposed to be a fun, inclusive hobby into a contest?

Andy

Today I hacked the front and rear fenders, removed the bumpers and started working on the custom rear coil overs. Here are a few pics and a video In the video i have a few questions about springs, cutting springs and spring rate.

Please post your thoughts and comments on building the coill over shock.

Playing

DSCN3487.jpg

Hacked Fenders DSCN3473.jpg

Stock and 4" lift vs Possible Coil over

DSCN3467.jpg

Up Travel

DSCN3462.jpg

Down Travel

DSCN3459.jpg

Edited by bigo1966

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...here are the pics of the old vs new coil over shocks. With the old coilovers i had 3.5-4" of travel at the tire. With the new home made coilovers i now have 9-10" rear travel. They lighter spring could be a little stiffer....or ill just bob the rear to loose the extra weight. The 9-10" of travel might need a limiting strap. It depends on how soon i blow up the next rear CV.

4" lifted stock rear coil over.

Up Travel

DSCN1663.jpg

Down Travel

DSCN1660.jpg

New Home made Long Travel Rear coil over.

Up Travel:

DSCN1668.jpg

Down Travel:

DSCN1670.jpg

Compressed:

DSCN1674.jpg

DSCN1672.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

DSCN1664.jpg