Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Build Thread: The Sedamn

bigo1966

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well its official, after playing in all the snow we got yesterday i managed to blow the timing belt. Ill tear into her tomorrow. I hope i didnt damage anything from the belt breaking. I also discovered that my dist is worn out. Pics to come.

Orion

If it's an EA82 you didn't hurt a damn thing by breaking the belt. As a matter of fact, any engine prior to 1997 (and even some early 1997 models) was non-interference. So you, my friend, are GOLDEN!!!

Not quite so cuty a dry.

all EA82 are non interference.

So are all EJ18, and all the early EJ22, non-interference

However ALL DOHC motor(2.5) are interference.

I test fitted 32's on a 5" lift, i need to trim the fenders and firewall a little more. The Sedamn is also going to get a fresh coat of HAMMERED Black spray paint. Ill get some pics up soon. Im still trying to track down an 1100cc+ liquid cooled shaft mototcycle engine.

If it's an EA82 you didn't hurt a damn thing by breaking the belt. As a matter of fact, any engine prior to 1997 (and even some early 1997 models) was non-interference. So you, my friend, are GOLDEN!!!

Not quite so cuty a dry.

all EA82 are non interference.

So are all EJ18, and all the early EJ22, non-interference

However ALL DOHC motor(2.5) are interference.

also, ea81 is an interference engine (assuming ea71 is as well) , but since you're running a timing gear you don't have to worry about belts breaking....

But rarely, you can have a gear break, and you'll bent the push rods... ask Subiemech85 :)

Timing belt changed(with some help from Bill). So i decided to test fit the 32's. I also swaped out the rear combination coils for a combination of Sedan Coils and Wagon coils and i got a 5" strut block from Bill. Its sitting pretty level now.

DSCN3545.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, I just saw your ride in Lafayette today. I was riding the sweet black old BMW. It looks pretty cool but I noticed your camber is WAY off. You should get that fixed before you wreck your tires. Those wheels look sweet!

If I was going to keep the Sedamn as a DD I would fix the camber. Once I drop a motorcycle engine and trans under the hood I wont drive it nearly as much so im not to concerned with the camber. Not only that my 5 min commute is going to turn to an hour at the end of this month....either that or im unemployed. Were you in a diesel BMW?

DUDE I saw you!!!!!!!! I was thinking to myself "ive never seen an engine case that looked that like. Pretty cool.....and small world. Why is the case shaped like that? Whats in the upper portion? And it even has an H pipe.