Build Thread: The Sedamn

bigo1966

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest. Ive got the motor mocked in place, most of the front end removed and the ST1100 to subaru adaper plate built and coupling shaft. You can see the large pulley on the adapter plate, im going to run another alternator on the car cause the ST alternator is 200 bucks new and it doesnt put out many amps. Im sure your thinking how is he going to change the belts? See here, should be fun to test out and see how well this setup will work.....http://www.marineengine.com/products/accessory.php?in=18-5948

The air cleaner is going to stick out the hood at least 2", should look even more Mad Max like..

Enough talk here are the pics.

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Edited by bigo1966

• 2 weeks later...

Made some great progress this weekend. I still need to finish up the front mount for the engine. Wasn’t really to sure on what the plan was but this is what I ended up with. It should be very strong and I won’t have to worry about it. The exhaust is going to be fun. That’s the next major fab step. I need to buy some metal and some exhaust tubing. Since im getting married the 7th it will be a few weeks till I get to that part.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

It's the 6th...tomorrow is the wedding....so sunday you should be done with

R2D2 correct? cause you DID say after the wedding. Technically Sunday the

8th is after the wedding.:lol: :lol:

Have fun, congrats on the wedding tomorrow...

-Caleb

Man, you guys are quick! No slack around here! Ok, im back from the honeymoon and tomorrow im going to build the last (front) motor mount. I think im going to have to hook up the oil tank, top off the oil and coolant and take her for an idle. With no power brakes, clutch will be under the hood and no throttle cable what could go wrong. Im shooting for a video by the end of this weekend. :banana: