Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thrasher

http://www.sjrlift.com/

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/LiftKit.html

These are just a couple of lift makers for the EA82 which is what your car is and I squeezed 235-75-15 tires with redrilled Isuzu 6 lug rims under mine with no lift but I did have to do some cutting and beating to get them to fit. Good luck and have fun cause I know I am. John

search man,search...there are plenty of topics on this.

as a matter of fact , there is a sticky at the top of the off road forum that answers a whole bunch of questions.cheers, brian, and good luck

i did read the sticky at the top but alot of it didnt make sense to me, im used to late model chevy's so this is totally new to me.

Alot better info can be had with some digging around here but here's the short list.

1. check out the SJR lifts. Lots of guys around here have 'em, and I've seen one up close and it's good stuff.

2. Find yourself and old set of Peugot wheels off of an old 505. 14" or 15" depending on preferance. Or you can use 6 lug Toy, Izuzu, Nissan, Chevy..... (the list goes on) wheels. The thing to remember is the old Soobs are 4x140 lug spacing. You can redrill wheels, or the hubs and add studs. Either way you use two of the studs to line it all up. There are instructions on here somewhere. (Check out the USRM as well, it's the repair manual section of this forum, there is an off road mod section in there)

Tire size is gonna be up to you. Remember we don't really have gearing options so alot of guys seem to not like going over 28". I like mine around 26" to 27" to keep some of the low end, and it's a full time wheeler. Only pavement it see's is to get to the trails.

All a prefererance thing. And what kind of wheeling you plan on doing.

Wanna stay slow and techical. Stay a little smaller on the tires. Gonna just play on forest roads and more open areas and dunes, and want it mainly look cool doing it. Go a little bigger. There are still a few decent off road tire options in the 27" sizes being made.

3. Have fun. :)

These things are a blast off road and the looks you'll get out on the trails by other wheelers will be priceless.

It's always more fun to use the "wrong" tool for the job. :lol:

you can run a 27X8.50x14 with no cutting or about a 195/75/14, for a 2" lift you can check out the link I made called marcus56 is getting lifted.

or http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94629

Here is the link for it. There is some good info for the two inch lift here. I cut the crap out of my fenders, with a two icher, I'm running 235/75/15's with 15x10 drilled 6 lug wheels.

BTW I hate the search button my self there is a ton of crap to filter through, and there is probably what your looking for but it takes for ever to find what you really want.

Jeff

thanks guys for all the info everyone has been super nice. the car will see very little road time, im thinkin of goin with 26 inch atv tire on 14 inch rim. i have one pic of the the car from the guy i bought it from

mysubby.jpg

That bumper just doesn't look right...you should sell it to me! :lol:

The tires on my 83 GL are 195/75/14 (about 26"). they fit no problem with no trimming.

205/75/14 fit as well with minimal trimming. (actually more of a simple bending over a a couple seams in the front wells by the door, no cutting needed)

No lift on mine.

Mine IS an EA81 though so the EA82's must have tighter wheelwells.

Thus. I may be no help here. :rolleyes:

The tires on my 83 GL are 195/75/14 (about 26"). they fit no problem with no trimming.

205/75/14 fit as well with minimal trimming. (actually more of a simple bending over a a couple seams in the front wells by the door, no cutting needed)

No lift on mine.

Mine IS an EA81 though so the EA82's must have tighter wheelwells.

Thus. I may be no help here. :rolleyes:

It's good info. It's pretty much the same for EA82's if you just pound over the pinch weld you are able to get a bigger tire on it.

Jeff