Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Patrol/NW Washington Offroad Group/Older School Meet

I'm in! :banana:

Reservations here, or first come?

...and I'm out. :mad:

One of my workmates had already requested the time off, and didn't mention it to anyone. I'm pretty bummed...sure it will be a blast and a great way to meet many of you.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be going, however, I doubt that my hatch will be ready by then to go too far off road. Anybody got a seat open while there?

No WCSS for me this year.

I also would like to know... "Which way is best to get there from PDX?"

1. The google way: I-5, 512, 167, 410, 165

2. Google's alternate choice: I-5, 12, 7, 161, Right on Orville, R. on Kapowsin HWY, R. on Brooks rd/Needham rd, L. on Brooks, L. on Fiske, R. onto some dirt roads, eventually ending up on Mowich Lake road intersecting with 165 about 6 miles from the ORV park.

3. Other options from the locals?

More specifically, is the 2nd option even open/passable? It certainly looks more entertaining. (Perhaps I should bring my RS instead.) Distance and time wise it is splitting hairs.

Lewis

I would use option #1.

It brings you close by a few of us and if you get lost it will be easier to find you :-p

Never been up Fiske Rd, it may be closed due to logging further up tho.

And I should have a open seat, in whatever I bring.

Option #1 is the only way. Anything else would be sketchy at best during the summer cutting season. Besides, if you had any issues along the way help would be passing by you instead of trying to find you.

• 2 weeks later...

You can come up with me. I'm driving up, but I'm not wheeling. I don't have an off-road beast yet. I'm just looking to camp out and maybe grab a seat with some of the other wheelers out. We can ride together or follow each other up. It's all ways best to travel with someone, 2 heads are better then one. Anyway the offer's out there.

-earl

I should be going, however, I doubt that my hatch will be ready by then to go too far off road. Anybody got a seat open while there?

No WCSS for me this year.

I also would like to know... "Which way is best to get there from PDX?"

1. The google way: I-5, 512, 167, 410, 165

2. Google's alternate choice: I-5, 12, 7, 161, Right on Orville, R. on Kapowsin HWY, R. on Brooks rd/Needham rd, L. on Brooks, L. on Fiske, R. onto some dirt roads, eventually ending up on Mowich Lake road intersecting with 165 about 6 miles from the ORV park.

3. Other options from the locals?

More specifically, is the 2nd option even open/passable? It certainly looks more entertaining. (Perhaps I should bring my RS instead.) Distance and time wise it is splitting hairs.

Lewis

I just found this thread, and I'm definitely going to make plans for this! I think I'm gunna have to start my engine build very soon so I can have more power for this trip. Last time at EC my weak engine struggled on the steep hills. I may be contacting Ken soon on this, if I can get some other projects finished that have been keeping me busy.

47be026a.jpg59c02560.jpg

I won't be making WCSS though, because I've got plans/reservations for Tahuya that weekend.

Depending on the status of my wagon, I might come to this- If I don't wheel, I would love to catch a seat in someone else's and I would be happy to take lots of photos/video of all the carnage!!!

just like "old times" :)

Yeah, I remember "HPSS1" I had the "towtrucklight" wagon.... and Noah followed me all the way home to make sure I made it there with my broken/missing axles :lol:

I just found this thread, and I'm definitely going to make plans for this! I think I'm gunna have to start my engine build very soon so I can have more power for this trip. Last time at EC my weak engine struggled on the steep hills. I may be contacting Ken soon on this, if I can get some other projects finished that have been keeping me busy.

47be026a.jpg59c02560.jpg

I won't be making WCSS though, because I've got plans/reservations for Tahuya that weekend.

Get on it!! Where has that brother of yours been?

Get on it!! Where has that brother of yours been?

I just acquired a parts vehicle for another project, so that's another distraction. Hopefully I will contact you soon about my engine though. Brian's been in and out of jail and???.

I just acquired a parts vehicle for another project, so that's another distraction. Hopefully I will contact you soon about my engine though. Brian's been in and out of jail and???.

OK, talk soon.

You can come up with me. I'm driving up, but I'm not wheeling. I don't have an off-road beast yet. I'm just looking to camp out and maybe grab a seat with some of the other wheelers out. We can ride together or follow each other up. It's all ways best to travel with someone, 2 heads are better then one. Anyway the offer's out there.

-earl

We'll be in touch... I got some logistical stuff to figure out, but I should be a go for this event instead of WCSS11. If my stuff doesn't come together in time (EJ in the hatch) I may need to take you up on your passenger seat. Or I might as well drive the RS... who knows.

• 2 weeks later...