Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
fiddler

???power

I was wondering if there is any possible way to get more power out of my 93 Loyale???? also wondering about the possibilities of offroading it??

Do a search. The subject of getting more power is probably the most common one on this board.

Start by cutting out the bottom of the airbox, getting a better muffler, and a hotter ignition.

As for offroad, check out http://www.ozified.com for lift kits. If you are serious about offroading, swap in a dual-range tranny from a GL or DL.

Originally posted by northguy

Weber carb.

On an SPFI car?

More air in .. more air out.

Better intake.. better exhaust.

For offroading, look in the photos section.

More more specific info, do a quick search. theres tons of info here about the questions you are asking.

I too have a 93 Loyale, and I offroad it in New Mexico and Colorado, up to 12,000 feet, so I'm working with A LOT less horsepower than you are, and I'm fine. My power ain't great, maybe I could outrun a bear, maybe not, depends on how mad I've made him. I plan to put in a hotter ignition, not sure on the airbox though. If you plan to offroad, buy good tires, check your driveline often, and have fun. I've NEVER had problems with mine, and I've owned Jeeps before so I know how to off-road.