Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could tell me what a good size wheel would be for my obs, i'm having trouble finding a good offset to keep a 16" or 17" rim on the car without modifying the fender wells, and is the lug pattern 5/4.5......I have owned a euro car for so long, and those bolt patterns are all messed up I just wanted to be sure subarus were not the same

Thanx

Rob

Others here will have good info for you but I just happened to have read some about this. The best thing to look for is an offset above about 45-48 and 'Subaru hubcentric'. Some wheels will have a hub opening too big and an adapter ring may be available to make the wheel fit tightly.

Rota makes some wheels which are popular for Subarus, high end is SSR and Volk I guess. 5/100mm is the pattern. You might check http://www.subydude.com and http://www.tirerack.com

Sometimes, when other soob drivers upgrade their wheels you can find 'takeoffs' pretty cheap - try our own Marketplace forum here.

good luck

The right offset will depend on the rim width, and the tyre outer diameter. Subes have a vey high offset, 55-50mm on standard rims.

Many aftermarket rims will therefore reach too far out and foul the fender. "Team Dynamics" make a fairly wide range of rims with Sube friendly offsets.

So far I have found a few things used at the local rim shop, There was a set of Gold BBS 16"ers that looked real good, i'm going back this week with the size chart size offset info I needed to see if they fit. I also found a black set at tire rack that look real nice....:).......pretty chaep also $680 for tire and wheels