Ultimate Subaru Message Board

? rally stripes ? BRAT

I've been trying to find a set to copy so that I can sell reproduction stripes. I know that Aaron at Superior Import Repair has a set that he was going to loan me to copy, but I have yet to hear from him. If anyone can get me a good photo with some measurements I can reproduce these in any custom color.

thanks, earl

Bill! What in God's name did you let happen to your Brat? To look at your pictures was like travelling through time but only to specifally watch the gradual degradation of a subaru brat! :lol: Sorry I know this is off topic. I had to say something.

My first Brat had those lower stripes, I have a pic too!

IMG00217.jpg

-Bill

Bill! What in God's name did you let happen to your Brat? To look at your pictures was like travelling through time but only to specifally watch the gradual degradation of a subaru brat! :lol: Sorry I know this is off topic. I had to say something.

Oh that... Well when i bought it for 100 bucks, it had almost 700,000 miles on it (no joke :eek:) and it was overall a piece of crap. I had intentions of fixing it up and driving it, and for a while I had some real nice body panels on it covering up the enormous rust holes that you could throw a football through (also not a joke :dead:), so I stripped it of anything that was worth anything to me (except the rear diff, the front end was f'd up, so it was RWD when it left me) and sold it for 400 bucks like that :banana: It was supposed to be in a Subaru commercial but, alas, it never was :(

Back on topic, I might need a set of those stripes in Black, but without the "4 wheel drive" on them.

-Bill

Your ambition is inspiring,Earl. I'm going to make a run up to storage tomorrow to pay the rent. Should have the warmest dry day this week to hunt around.

Don't anyone get excited please but I should have the "Subaru" , "Four Wheel Drive" and maybe another ....was it "Five Speed"??? And there's an assortment of colors - but not necessarily all colors for all scripts.

Hang on and I'll get them.

Funny,but I was working up my own personal decal list and was going to search all our USMB graphics folks' catalogs. I know Mick makes some but I really don't need anything I saw on his webpage. Sorry Mick.

For sure I want the rocker decals - black "Subaru" and if possible a blue "Four Wheel Drive". :) And I'll pay up front.

You're a sweetheart :grin:

well,I went up there and took a good 20 minutes going thru things and came up empty. But at least I know which boxes they aren't in. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow might be rain , if not I'll take boxes out and be able to go thru lots more.

I see Danny W (drivesubies) is back on the board and posting. I'll bet anything he's interested in these too since he's got more resto's going than any of us. Also going to bet he has a stripe kit to loan out if I fail. But give me thru the weekend ,please.

And speaking of Danny -I have to think he would do good with a new made '72-3 GL1400 Coupe stripe kit. But he'd be a one of maybe 3 people on the planet that we know of who could use them. pardon the thinking out loud talk to you soon

OK I'm back and pretty cranky from being overtired but that's most of my life these days :grin:

Only found two for now. Earl,if I don't PM you then get ahold of me - again,I'm tired and about to go to sleep.

picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=791

Glad these get resized automatically :)

picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=787

And this:

picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=788

Couple other pics in my gallery to show overall length - sorry for lack of scale. Pretty sure the gold kit has plenty to span the length of the car and you trim each piece. There's no small pieces in these kits. But,I know I have another kit or two that do have the small cuts premade for the fenders.

The weather was ok but not great. Winds picked up not a lot of time to mess around but at least I came out of there with two sets. yeehah !

• 2 weeks later...

Got the stripes yesterday. I'll try and get them scanned in this week and back out to you by next Monday. Thanks for the patches (I assume those were for me to keep). I'll let everyone who's interested in buying a set know when they are available for sale. It looks like there are 2 styles to chose from.