Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 inner FR Arm Bushing- & SuperPro?

I am almost finished gathering parts needed to do the 5 lug swap on my car and I have a question. The inner bushing on the front lower control arm of the XT6 is bigger than the EA82T one. The inside diameter of the XT6's bushing is 12mm. I haven't measured the EA82T's, but will it be identical?

I am worried that the XT6 Arm bushing inside bolt hole will not be the same as the EA82T crossmember's hole.

Anybody have any reports of compatibility problems between XT6 arms and EA82T crossmembers?

Also, are there SuperPro (or any urethane bushings) for the inner bushing of the XT6 control arm?

have a look around. all of this has been covered.

from the USRM:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50400

some (AWD?) XT6s use a larger bolt from control arm to crossmember. use the larger bolt and drill out the holes in the xmember. that's what I did, held up wonderfully, about 20k miles and 2 AutoXs.

and yes, SuperPro makes bushings, part numbers are listed in a few threads. if you swap the bushings, that might eliminate the bolt difference problem (assuming the other dimensions are the same).

The XT and XT6 inner bushing are different. You could enlarge the bolt hole in the engine cradle but the other problem is the ball joint. Also different.

I know about the ball joint, I am concerned about the other end. Thanks.

Edited by Marck

have a look around. all of this has been covered.

from the USRM:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50400

some (AWD?) XT6s use a larger bolt from control arm to crossmember. use the larger bolt and drill out the holes in the xmember. that's what I did, held up wonderfully, about 20k miles and 2 AutoXs.

and yes, SuperPro makes bushings, part numbers are listed in a few threads. if you swap the bushings, that might eliminate the bolt difference problem (assuming the other dimensions are the same).

I have control arms from an AWD XT6, and I have never read anything on this board about issues with mounting them onto the crossmember unless you got 2WD control arms. Anybody else found that the control arms will not mount without modification to the crossmember? I know SuperPro makes bushings. Do they make them for the XT6 control arm? The XT6 has a larger bushing than the EA82. I don't think an EA82 or EA81 bushing will fit in the XT6 arm.

Anyboy know if SuperPro makes a bushing for the inner bushing of the XT6 control arm?

AFAIK, the outer dimensions of the bushing is the same as standard EA82....I didn't take any measurements, but I compared them when I did the swap, and they look pretty close.

AFAIK, the outer dimensions of the bushing is the same as standard EA82....I didn't take any measurements, but I compared them when I did the swap, and they look pretty close.

Thanks Numbchux, that is the answer I was looking for. I didn't think the bushings would be the same since the XT6 inner arm end is way larger, but I was just comparing the arm and not the bushing it self. I have yet to pull the EA82 arm out to measure the outside diameter of the bushing. I can't afford any down time, so I will order the EA82 SuperPro inner arm bushing and have it ready to swap into the XT6 arm when i do the 5 lug swap. If it doesn't work out, I may be able to put the stock XT6 arm bushings back in (if I don't destroy them when taking them out). If I have to use the XT6 arm bushing, I rather have a custom spacer made to press into the bushing than to enlarge holes in the crossmember. I want the ability to go back if I have to. Bushings take a while to get since most are coming from australia, but I will post the outcome on this thread.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...