Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Driver/Passenger seat replacement

We have a 2000 OBW limited and an 05 legacy sedan limited. I'm sure everyone knows how terribly uncomfortable the 2000 leather driver and passenger seats are, and how comfortable the 05 seats are...which begs the question: Can I switch them?

I would like to find driver and passenger seats from another Subaru where you can actually endure a 6 hour car ride in but I am wondering if the power drivers seat and the heated seats would still work.

I have tried to search the forums so sorry if this has already been discussed and please point me to the threads or search terms used to find them.

Thanks in advance!

well the drivers seat isn't as bad I guess, but the passenger seat is terrible. They are both pretty stiff and I don't know if the previous owners were larger people but the bolsters on the seat don't fit nearly as well as our 05'. The lumbar support on the passengers side is pretty bad too.

Driver seat in my 99 OBW gets really uncomfortable on any trip lasting more then 1 hour. The seat cushion is just too hard. Maybe it was good years back with PO, but not now. Is there a chart anywhere that shows what seats interchange over the years and models with other Subies? I would really like to score some better seats from a wrecking yard. My other thou

Driver seat in my 99 OBW gets really uncomfortable on any trip lasting more then 1 hour. The seat cushion is just too hard. Maybe it was good years back with PO, but not now. Is there a chart anywhere that shows what seats interchange over the years and models with other Subies? I would really like to score some better seats from a wrecking yard. My other thou

Yeah or part numbers...I looked around at a lot of the on-line stores but I could only find assembly pieces, maybe they don't have one part number for the entire seat?

whatever seats you choose...make sure that the side seat belt fasteners come with it...I installed leather seats from 2002 legacy into a 2001 outback and had to exchange those fasters on the seat to be able to "click the belt up"...the "seat" is certainly very personal...I like the leather 2002 seats, but not the cloth style and I don't like the new forester seats, although the rest of the car I like very much

whatever seats you choose...make sure that the side seat belt fasteners come with it...I installed leather seats from 2002 legacy into a 2001 outback and had to exchange those fasters on the seat to be able to "click the belt up"...the "seat" is certainly very personal...I like the leather 2002 seats, but not the cloth style and I don't like the new forester seats, although the rest of the car I like very much

By "fastners" do you mean the seat belt receptacle that the seat belt tongue clicks into?

Did you get the 2002 seats from a wrecking yard? If so, what was the cost, if you don't mind saying?

By "fastners" do you mean the seat belt receptacle that the seat belt tongue clicks into?

Did you get the 2002 seats from a wrecking yard? If so, what was the cost, if you don't mind saying?

..yes, I mean the receptacles...the seats were from a place in california...these leather seats were from the "LL Bean version" (power for both upper and lower part of the seat) as opposed to the "limited" version (power only for the lower portion of the seat)..I personally do not like useing the lever for any type of control ...95% new condition..$100 each

..yes, I mean the receptacles...the seats were from a place in california...these leather seats were from the "LL Bean version" (power for both upper and lower part of the seat) as opposed to the "limited" version (power only for the lower portion of the seat)..I personally do not like useing the lever for any type of control ...95% new condition..$100 each

Thanks for the pricing info. That gives me somewhat of a ball park price to have in mind, if I see some decent seats in a yard to buy.

Those fancy LL Bean seats sound super nice. I did not know that they have both upper and lower power cushion controls. Makes me feel like the standard crappy cloth seats in my 99 OBW are Walmart specials!