Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found something to drool over.. pics added..

on our little trip up north yesterday, we found an 85 or 86 RX sedan with 49k on the ticker :eek:

looks like its sat since 98' 4 flat tires, dirty, paint is goin fast, clear coats gone and surface rust looks like its just starting on the top of it.. no rust underneath, in teh fenderwells, anywhere, no other rust at all..

interior was nice, not ripped, looked plush still, stereo had been taken out and was layin on the floor.. it was grey, h-alloys, RX decals, and rear trunklip..

looked identical to mine.. no clue what was wrong with it.. but is deffinitely worth savin.. its a perfect candidate to sand off and paint any color ya want... the paint was the worst part about it..

got pick of the sign out front with the #.. gotta call in the near future and see what the deal is.. maybe haul it off for free :D

It's Berkely. Also, the car definitely is an 86. I can see from the pics that it has a center brakelight. The mirrors are also mounted in front of the window glass instead of below it. Did it have the checkered flag interior? Kind of hard to tell from the pics. The checkers were unique to the 85 RX.

heh good eye trogdor.. i didn't notice the 3rd brake light and the mirrors.. they are different than mine.. its got teh same interior as mine though.. not checkered.. just a biege cloth in teh center and greyish leather in the sides..

i didn't look at the seatbelts.. mines got checkered pattern seatbelts :D

but yeah i gotta say its an 86' now that ya pointed out the differences..