Ultimate Subaru Message Board

replaced a timing belt now no power?

I am looking for ideas as to why my car that was running great until I had timing belt issues now has flat power.......

Nothing in my set up changed. Would being one tooth off on the timing belts effect it this much? It is possible I got it off by one tooth on one of the belts.

It starts and fires easily, just flat power even on boost ( 10 psi wrx intercooler and bov) The turbo spools at the same rate just nothing.....................

Well I will tear into it tomorrow just looking for thoughts while i'm at work.

Thanks

Josh

Ps I put the drivers side cam down and the pass side up ................ bet thats it. I'm dumb!

"I put the driver's side cam down and the pass. side cam up"

If you did this and didn't rotate the crank between setting the two belts, that should be the correct procedure. I prefer doing the pass. side, rotating the crank, then doing the drivers side, but that's just me. I would suspect you are off a tooth or something.

I have done this job no less than 10x on various ea82 engines.

For posteritys sake I have a 88 turbo wagon with a 2 row radiator, manual boost controler set to 10 psi, cone filter, WRX intercooler and BOV, a hard wired electric fan no clutch fan, all stupid vacume evap can lines dissconected and capped and a water temp and boost gaudge.

This thing ran like a CHAMP until it twisted a timing belt tensioner off.

Josh