Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR EA82 new white wagon 6" build thread 2009

Scott in Bellingham

got a new car to hack up its just like my 88 EA82 White Walker Wheeler, I like the wheeler it does awesome for what is is but I miss my old car, after looking at a few old pics of when I first built it 3 years ago and what it was like then I decided to build up a new one but a little bigger, the wheeler has a 3-1/2" lift and the new car will get a 6" the old one has 27" tires new one will get 30" old has a Carbed EJ 2.2 new gets the Ej 2.2 with Fuel injection, I miss the rear hatch and room in the back, this one will be my daily driver and light wheelin, no dents, the cars in decent shape, same white with blue/grey interior, electric windows, has blown heads ,its complete and ready for some mods, this one Im going to keep the body stock and just do a little trimming for the tires, heres a few pics

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=962

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=961

Sounds like a good plan Scott, it's always nice to start with a clean straight body, but once that lift gets put on you start getting crazy ideas, that's why i"ll never lift the touring wagon......Sweet score though Scott can't wait to see the final product!!

Jef

• 2 weeks later...

look what ups brought . its a 4500lb atv winch cost just under $200 will be designing a double tube bumper this baby will fit in

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=993

havent done much on the project, been helpin SoobieDoos car and doing a big shop yard clean up , will get all the lift parts ready first then start , been airing out the car as some mice took it over

Edited by Scott in Bellingham
detail

look what ups brought . its a 4500lb atv winch cost just under $200 will be designing a double tube bumper this baby will fit in

havent done much on the project, been helpin SoobieDoos car and doing a big shop yard clean up , will get all the lift parts ready first then start , been airing out the car as some mice took it over

And I certainly appreciate all the help! I'll post some pics soon in my build thread. Anytime you need a hand...

Made some progress today finished up welding the lift parts and got the rear all lifted

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1017

Heres the parts used some alloy parts I had left from my first car the red one that was 4 years ago wow!!

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1016

Heres my Jig its a chunk of the old blue Bomber

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1020

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1019

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1021

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1085

Edited by Scott in Bellingham
pics

Im new at some of this but wouldnt if of been easier to change the motor when the car was closer to the ground.:)

I like the way it looks without doing any trimming.

actually when i did my EJ22 swap having the car with the 2inch lift and 27's made it ALOT easier because then i didn't have to jack up the car to remove the exhaust or anything like that just crawl under.

lookin good scott

actually when i did my EJ22 swap having the car with the 2inch lift and 27's made it ALOT easier because then i didn't have to jack up the car to remove the exhaust or anything like that just crawl under.

lookin good scott

thats correct, a little more room, I now have the EJ in ,now to hook up all the engine stuff, Im need to load some pics for you guys, I plan to be running within 2 weeks looks like I have my blue sedan sold so it will be a swap,