Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ engine and transmission housings...

Basically what I want to know...are they all the same from the EJ15, to the EG33? Does auto or 5/6spd make a difference? Would an 02 EJ25 bolt on to an EJ18 trans in a 93 impreza? or vice versa? what about the EG33, and EJ22, can they trade places, bolt right up to the trans?

Ok, an now for all those EJ20s, K, G, 5, 7...etc...would those bolt up the same to any other EJ trans?

Are all the engine and transmission bellhousings the same from 1989 to now? (since the EJ was introduced)

Ive got some crazy idea...and i dont want to go and buy something, and find out I cant use it...so, please, i need some accurate information....Thanks guys/gals!

Any EJ/EG/EZ engine will fit to any EJ gearbox, be it a 5MT, 6MT, E4AT or E5AT. Regardless of how many fixing points the engine and / or the gearbox has.

I know because I want to have a 6MT box for my MY90 closed deck hybrid competion engine... And that's supposed to be a perfec fit!

:D