Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holden Commodore (Aussie Pontiac G8)

holdencommodoressvz.jpg

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=4006

Sexy.

Better looking than the American Pontiac G8, and with more power to boot.

I'm seriously considering buying a used one and having it shipped Stateside. Lots of options and accessories that come from the factory. I can get a damned decent used one for about $19,000US and have it shipped here for about $2,000US. (Even getting it through customs won't be too hard.)

Anyone ever done any research on this car or the company? (They're owned by GM)

What does USMB think?

The Holden Commodore comes in various trim levels and platforms. The only ones I'm interested in are the Ute, SS, SSV, and SV6.

The Ute is the truck platform, the SS/SSV model is just the performance edition with a choice of transmissions. While the SV6 is the sport 6-cyl version. (The SV6 is a more realistic goal for me.)

a V8 Holden is like a if you managed to get a MPFI EA81. Its freakin old with some new tech sitting on top. I don't like them, kinda ugly/plain. Seating position doesn't work for me at all (the Ford Falcon is worse though). About all it does good in the driving world is go sideways (that's why TopGear love it).

But that's just me