Ultimate Subaru Message Board

[...]didn't know how to reset the TPS if I just replaced it.

Need for precise adjustment depends on the whether the TPS incorporates an idle switch or not. The older ones with 4 terminals have the switch, whose contacts should be closed when the throttle is closed, and open when the throttle is barely opened. The newer 3-terminal ones don't include the switch, are more tolerant of the adjustment, but still should output signal voltage within a certain range of operation. See http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/Fuel.pdf for some basic info.

I dig up the manual and found out that it can be adjusted thru 2 ways.

1)At the ECU side

or

2)Using the select monitor

Different from 92 SVX which you can probe the Volt meter into the TPS connector to see if you are at about .48 or .50V

• 2 years later...

Hey. About the clock rpm. No more than 1000 rpm. Could be a few days a week, the clock works fine. The rest was invalid .. First of all (this is manual Impreza 1994. injection.)

1. The problem began when my mechanic did treatment 10000. And where did wash engine with degreaser and water.

2. I noticed when I turn on Swatch. Engine is turned off. The merger is above 0. About 4 Malimter. I know I turn on the vehicle. Time columns do not exceed 1000. I noticed that the most important detail. I travel in this state. I hear rings of ignition.

3. If lighting Suwetes. (engine off) hand column is 0. I turn the engine. Tory clock works fine. Everything is fine. Even with the air conditioner is turned on

Why am I complaining? I travel with an air conditioner. Clock rpm. Does not exceed 1000. I stopped at a traffic light. The engine stutters

And rings off. turns on a lamp to me. Check engine. Do you have an idea? . With thanks to Shlomi

(through the back. I replaced ignitor and it did not help)thanks

• 8 years later...

So I replaced my throttle position sensor a few months ago , it kept giving me a code so I eventually bought a replacement and it was fine for a while now I'm getting that code again alone my RPM seems to be a little bit higher than that used to be on a cold start, the other day it immediately ramp up to 2000 RPM which was very unusual it used to just drive up to about 1500rpm, then 700-800 when warm, I read that they don't need to be adjusted that the ECU will do it by itself but I don't think that's the case because my RPM Range is now different than it used to be, Should I start the car and adjust the throttle position sensor as it idles at a reasonable rpm? Thanks in Advance