Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ignition realy???...Do you mean the main relay?...either way It should be located above the fuse panel inside the car on the drivers side to the left of the steering column...at least thats where they are in a 91 Legacy, and in my 96 Legacy thats where they put the main relay, FP relay, and sub fan relay #2 ( on models with A/C)...

Edited by EVOthis

well here is the issue my car no longer trys to turn over I checked the starter and its all good battery is good and ignition switch is good but when i turn the key all my lights come on but it doesnt turn over my next thought is an ignition relay any ideas anyone

• 9 years later...
15 hours ago, subpoop said:

i am working on my 1990 legacy and i think the ign relay is bad, no power to the ecm fuse is good. is the ign relay up above the fuse box and who was the idiot who put it up there?

For the 11th time, it is WAAAY up in the very top corner of the dash.  Drivers side.  all the way to the left, all the way up.

17 hours ago, subpoop said:

i am working on my 1990 legacy and i think the ign relay is bad, no power to the ecm fuse is good. is the ign relay up above the fuse box and who was the idiot who put it up there?

Nice thread dig... isn’t there another current one that’s working on/covering this already?? 

Cheers 

Bennie

17 hours ago, subpoop said:

Look at page 10 in this pdf..........its been asked many many times. The info is out there in the ethernet.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mroseusa/EA2EJ.pdf

• 3 years later...