Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow in CO, and new landrover

zyewdall

Pic of my ford sasquatch in some deep snow last weekend (about 14" that storm, and a few under that from previous).

First... the Justy. No go (snow flew up over the hood and buried the windshield :lol:SubaruJustySnow-s.jpg

Then came back Sunday with the Sasquatch - - was plowing a trough with the diffs, but it made it about a mile in to the house.

FordSasquatchSnow-s.jpg

And... my new toy. 1967 Landrover series IIA 5 door 109"

Grokolina0.jpg

Kind of missing some stuff -- engine, rear axle, etc.... But I'm putting a 5 cylinder mercededs turbodiesel in it, a Salisbury rear axle (Landrover's version of the Dana 60). 8,000lb winch on the front. Stuff like that. I got pics from the previous owner of it on trails around here

Grokolina1.jpg

Grokolina2.jpg

Grokolina3.jpg

I decided I wanted something larger than the subaru that could carry more dogs (and people, but mostly dogs -- mine is 110lbs, and I often have a few others from the litter). And I've always liked the landrovers -- I learned to drive on a 1961 landrover.

that is spectacular.very cool.would love to find one .cheers, brian

My dad lives just north of Spokane, but I don't think he's ready to sell his '61 yet -- wouldn't even give it to me :) It's all original, 36k miles, just needs some brake work and some wiring where the rats have chewed it up.

Z

well, tell him i will trade him a 1954 willys wagon and my left arm:lol:...cheers, brain

My dad lives just north of Spokane, but I don't think he's ready to sell his '61 yet -- wouldn't even give it to me :) It's all original, 36k miles, just needs some brake work and some wiring where the rats have chewed it up.

Z

• 2 months later...