Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Motorcyles, what are you riding?

my ride is a 1984 KZ550 LTD - hasnt seen much riding in a while - started to repaint/redo the fuel tank to take care of a little bit of rust that was starting & havent gotten it finished yet...but will be awesome when it is done! :grin:

th_Imag0006copy.jpg

th_Imag0007copy.jpg

The other half's ride (madkow) - 1981 Honda V-45 750 Magna

th_Imag0019copy.jpg

We also have a 1985 Kawasaki Voyager 1300, a 1981 Yamaha Maxim - 1100, and last but not least - a 1974 Honda CL 360 Scrambler - learned to ride on that last one! Fun little bike!:)

97 hond XR400 that has been bored and stroked out to almost 500 pretty peppy but Im a pretty hefty guy so it would be much faster if I weighed about 80 pounds less. I am not riding them but there are two classic nortons sittin in my shop. A 72 750 dunstall commando and a 74 850 commando

• 2 weeks later...

we got these back when i actually made money. luckily they are paid off now.

my bike -883 Sportster, has drag pipes and a custom painted a/c cover now.

IMG_3463.jpg

wifes bike - probably has a dead battery now. '01 Suzuki Marauder vz800

IMG_0115.jpg

and this badboy! Trek 700 or something with a 66cc 2 stroke

bbb961bc-2843-4152-ae68-f6e67733dabc_568x426r0.jpg

Edited by xbeerd

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1981 Honda Passport C70 Scooter

806126140_db5e735924.jpg

I'm hoping to get a BMW R75/5 soon too:

bmw_r75-5_cafe_racer.jpg

that BMW's a very nice bike! I have an uncle in Germany that still flys around on a very similar ride (amongst others)

my pop and I are workin on restoring a 71 Norton 750 Commando that had been through Paul Dunstalls shop. it's gonna be sweet!

I dont have pics sorry (I'll get some!) but!!! 1978 Honda gl1000 (goldwing) bare naked, shorty pipes, small fenders, tiny turn signals, cafe bars, lowered bout 1", murdered out with satin black (primer!), very clean, very loud, very good ride!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, after 7.5 yrs of riding I finally laid the previously mentioned bike down. Not much damage to me or the bike. Just needs new handlebars to be ridden again.

I pretty much feel like I ran into a brick wall on foot.

Hope you all wear some kind of helmets, I woulda been way worse off with out it.

Well, after 7.5 yrs of riding I finally laid the previously mentioned bike down. Not much damage to me or the bike. Just needs new handlebars to be ridden again.

I pretty much feel like I ran into a brick wall on foot.

Hope you all wear some kind of helmets, I woulda been way worse off with out it.

Glad you're ok man! That totally sucks :( Only time I have been down was when I got t-boned. Not fun. Sold the bike and it still rides to this day :)

Very glad you are ok and the bike is not totaled. What happened? Shows us the damage and battle scars man!

Glad you're ok man! That totally sucks :( Only time I have been down was when I got t-boned. Not fun. Sold the bike and it still rides to this day :)

Very glad you are ok and the bike is not totaled. What happened? Shows us the damage and battle scars man!

thanks man!

i got some damage pics of the bike which i'll post later tonight, its amazingly minimal, to the bike and myself, 4 quarter sizes spots of roadrash, sprained hand, going for a shoulder xray this week

just sucks that my left shoulder and right hand are messed up. 2 half functioning arms is way worse than one whole bad one.

i'll post the 'report' and pics up after work

thanks man!

i got some damage pics of the bike which i'll post later tonight, its amazingly minimal, to the bike and myself, 4 quarter sizes spots of roadrash, sprained hand, going for a shoulder xray this week

just sucks that my left shoulder and right hand are messed up. 2 half functioning arms is way worse than one whole bad one.

i'll post the 'report' and pics up after work

Glad that was all the damage you sustained! Sucks having two messed up wings, but it's better than not having them! One thing that I learned from my accident, I ALWAYS wear my gear, no matter how hot it is. I always have my jacket on, gloves, and helmet on at all times.

Glad you are ok dood. Sometime people don't walk away from those things, so good to see you made it!

Look forward (maybe bad phrasing??:lol:) to see the pics!

had to reschedule, ended up drinkin some beers with my mom n dad last night, i got the pics to my phone tho, so i'll try to get them up today.

i hear ya on 'some people dont walk away', i remember my shoulder hitting and then my helmet smackin the ground. whew... surely woulda rung my bell otherwise.

here are some pics of the minimal damage, and then a pic with the new handle bars on and front fender off, (we'll see how much ************ hits me, it might go back on)

i gotta do somethin with the front brake line, get a shorter one or something, that curve cant be all that great for it. also i have to re run the clutch cable a different way to take some stress off of it but for now it'll be fine.

sure is interesting getting used to a new handle bar position!

IMG00577.jpg

IMG00578.jpg

IMG00579.jpg

IMG00580.jpg

IMG00581.jpg

IMG00582.jpg

IMG00585.jpg

IMG00586.jpg

Edited by xbeerd