Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Olympus Rally

cmiller

Anyone going to the Olympus Rally this year? Spectating, or participating? I'll be there doing some video work.
I'll be working a terminal checkpoint with Qman and Dr. RX on Saturday. I've got a family comitment on Sunday so I'll have to head home early.

Cool, I'm coming up on Friday and staying at the GuestHouse Inn for the rally. Hopefully we don't get too rained on! Hope to see you guys out there. I'll be in my red EA82 Loyale/GL lifted wagon.

Long range weather forecast predicts a nice weekend without any rain. We'll see.

Cool, I'm coming up on Friday and staying at the GuestHouse Inn for the rally. Hopefully we don't get too rained on! Hope to see you guys out there. I'll be in my red EA82 Loyale/GL lifted wagon.

Hey, I'm at the Guesthouse right now, room 214.

I met up with Chris and saw Ken(Qman) at parc-xpose' Sat.

I got to spectate with my son and was showered with gravel many times .. :eek:

One spectator got hit in the balls :eek: ..

Some of us were thinkin' a flak vest and a cup...would be a good idea..:grin:

It was a great weather and the views of the coast were fantastic...!

The road to Tahola spectator area that was not locked in was very rough...I saw many cars and heard alot of crunching of undercarriages ...!

although with my lifted outback I cruised past many cars including STi's....For once I get the advantage and can go faster than an sti....:lol:

This guy in a F350 was amazed how easy I was tailling him on the rough stuff and would've passed if there was space....

One of the cars on the Tahola stage drove right through the end of stage..into spectator area..according to Ryan Doubtit(subiesport) who filmed the whole thing..!:eek:

Spectators went scattering....:eek:

from what I heard it was a brake failure and or bad co driver instructions..who knows...luckily no one was hurt it could've been really ugly!!!:eek:

It was a great day for us, lots of excitement...and great weather! With a long drive home...round trip was just under 500miles...

I downed my share of redbull...(Pastrana's sponser...)

Edited by scoobyclimbs

• 4 weeks later...