Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa Wheeling: Timber Ridge Trail Ride Sept. 25-27, 2009

mcbrat

Date is set now. We still don't have the registration forms online, but will soon....

What: Timber Ridge Trail Ride

Where: Timber Ridge Ranch, Castana, Iowa (Western Iowa)

When: Sept 25-27, 2009

2500 Acres. 60+ miles of trails

Great place. This is a members only place, and is only open to the public a couple of times per year... And night wheeling is allowed, which in many ORV parks is not...

Dual Range needed and LSD preferred.

Last years form is still out there.... the only thing different are all the dates....

http://www.ci4wi.org

Here's the Timber Ridge site too...

http://www.timberridgeiowa.com/index.html

and their old site....

http://www.peelout.net/

Do a search in this forum for Castana. Lots of threads on past years events...

my first time there, I bought along tons of spare parts and tools "just in case" as I drove the Brat there.... I think the only think I busted was a turn signal, and had some paint scrapes from the "Castana Car Wash" trail that is lined with bushes.... most of which I think would've buffed out....

I had a LSD in it that trip, but went to the welded diff after that...

One trip MorganM was there with his '88 wagon. He was open in the rear, and made for some intersting times getting the right lines that wouldn't lift up 1 front and 1 rear tire... and that was the first time I ever used my winch, was pulling him up a slippery bank next to a water hole.....

Definately without proper rig. How would you fair a stock jeep wrangler would do.

Not too bad. there have been lots of stock jeeps there....

the Just Jeeps of Omaha Club usually has a number members at this event.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bump for I ? may be in. I will just avoid / or park my rig for the nasty stuff which will harm my BRAT.

Still thinking about this. It would be fun, but I don't want my Brat sitting there beat up, or broken down, so I would have to just do a little bit of it.

Or, how would rescue wagon do if i put a welded diff in? okay, or not the right tires? at least that one i wouldnt lose out on damage really.

what about my 92ss legacy, put a welded rear in there, it might do okay. its getting replaced any day now, so it needs to be beat on.....i could care less as long as it makes it back home running, body is rusting apart.

actually, I believe we have a 2 speed transfer case as a requirement...

I'll make an honest effort to attend next year Mick. (But where will Indy ride?) :grin:

there's some other club members he has ridden with :) and he liked to do so in the past, "because the BRat cou'n't do the hill climbs", or I made him cry :lol: trying to keep up with the other rigs :grin:

"Refunds:

Refunds for pre-registrations will be granted until September 1, 2009

There are no rain dates for this event. No refunds will be made at the event. If it rains, the owner of Timber Ridge will not allow trail use."

hope it doesnt rain....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brat is pretty much ready now... picked up a spare PS belt too.

lights are mounted. leaky roof is mostly fixed. recovery box mounted.

Need to add my toolbag, and switch the spare with one of the current wheels/tires as the spare is better shape...

still want to cover the back of the tail light so the connections don't get all caked with mud....