Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2004 forester XT suspension on 95 Legacy wagon??

Have the option of picking up a full set of 04 XT struts, will these fit on my 95-99 lego wagon? Was going to orderr new outback KYB GR2's put these came up, deals to good to pass up. Did some searching and they will fit, may have to change top hats in the rear, or stick with the lego springs and hats (rear).

Edited by EastCoastEJ22T

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperRu viewpost.gif

Here is a pic of our 95 with 04 Forester struts.

LegacyForester.jpg

The wheels are Forester XT's with 225-60-16 Sumitomo's. The tires rubbed in front so they didn't stay on long. When we wear out the stockers I think I'll try some 215's on my daughters car.

found this guy running 04 forester suspension. Looks promising :)

progress.gif

• 3 years later...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/136949-95-legacy-needs-more-clearance/

heres the link to my stuff. im needing help. ive been told to do the 99 outback suspension but the forester setup looks much taller and more beefy. you said your tires rub but if i went down to like a 210 would it work fine? and is it as basic of a swap as just doing the outback setup? if you could help and post on my link it would be much appreciated!