Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project EJ22 Hatch continues

Pooparu

sorry for butting in... I got a set for my standard here:

http://www.2kracing.com/Product/17842.html

they aren't like the photo on the site though, they're actually better looking IMO w/ a HID-like projector lens built in

come with bulbs that look blue but are actually very white (the blue just filters out the yellowness).

Very useful site, with some luck they have the right size for my hatch.

For the people who are interested I am doing a n EJ22 and AWD box conversion into A brumby (Brat for you fellas). I couldnt find an info on what people have done for front axle's so have done a bit of research. According to what i have found Brumby axle's are 22 spline where the axle fits into the cv. Apparently some legacy axles have the same internal spline.

What i am going to do is put some EA82 5 speed stubs into the legacy box so the Brumby Doj's fit onto the box, then put some legacy outer cv's onto the brumby axle to fit the legacy hubs that are going on aswell. According to parts catalogues i have looked at this is possible but ii have not pulled any cv's off of axle's to confirm. This reminds me i should be out in the garage. :banana:

alright so this thing is in full swing.

- I'm taking my drive line in to Portland Drive Line today to get that made.

- The sleeves for the axles are being made as we speak.

- I've got all the sifter stuff bolted up and working good.

- The EJ e-brake has been modified to fit and bolted in.

I'll put up a ton of photos once I've got everything installed and working properly.

Okay so I got the rear Legacy brake set up on and working (with the e-brake)

Here are some images:

I modified the tabs on the legacy e-brake handle to fit in the stock EA location.

dsc05378n.jpg

Drilled 2 large holes to bring the cables through.

dsc05375.jpg

Cut & Modified the stock Legacy mounting bracket, then drilled and welded some bolts to the floor.

dsc05373db.jpg

Stock Legacy rear brake.

dsc05364e.jpg

Ring to weld into place so that the brakes fit on the rear of the hatch.

dsc05367j.jpg

Ring welded into place.

dsc05368x.jpg

Painted, Re-drilled two holes in the Legacy backing plate, then mounted.

dsc05371.jpg

Rebuilt & painted legacy calipers and installed some sweet rotors.

dsc05372c.jpg

I also got my 4.111 LSD rear end assembled, painted, polished and installed.

dsc05363.jpg

More stuff to come very soon.

Edited by Pooparu

Nice work but you swapped the backing plates left-right. Is that accidental or was it easier to route the e-brake cable or something...? That aside, great visual presentation of what I need to / want to do soon aswell :)

What is the difference in diameter of that hole for which you made that ring?

Edited by LeoneTurbo

Nice work but you swapped the backing plates left-right. Is that accidental or was it easier to route the e-brake cable or something...? That aside, great visual presentation of what I need to / want to do soon aswell :)

What is the difference in diameter of that hole for which you made that ring?

They are on the correct left-right side. I just rotated them a bit so that I could feed the e-brake cable through a better spot.

But... the brake shoe adjustment wheel is on the bottom originally... Anyway it probably won't make any diffence regarding stopping power :) I will continue to follow your proceedings with high interest. What wheel hub/carrier did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I got the drive line back from portland drive line and it's 1/2in too long so I have to get that fixed.

I think I've got the shifter stuff where I want & need it to go, but I'll have to see once I have the drive line in.

Here are a few photos of the shifter stuff. (I had to shorten the linkage by 4in. and change a few angles and such.)

35953_1532665006512_1531399935_31331201_962005_n.jpg

40291_1532652006187_1531399935_31331145_5654028_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...