Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Photos From a Trip To Browns Camp

rkjbutter

that was nice of you to set that one shot up for us to see the bottom of your car.

I was admiring the exhaust system and skid plate...

what'd you have to do to set up that shot?

checked your photobucket, there's some good ones in there...

wish I was in the area at the time to tag along... although I don't know where the bridgeport parking garage is...

that was nice of you to set that one shot up for us to see the bottom of your car.

looks like fun.

yeah, don't see too many people doing this to inspect CV boots out like this, thats a pretty good approach angle for the right side :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hey I live out here by wilsonville maybe we could meet up sometime and have lunch and talk subies maybe even get a club together?

Club would be great, Memorial day weekend me and some buddies are trying to camp and do some wheel'n at shotgun creek.

so how did you tip the car over?If it was steep enough to roll/tip a subaru then the other rigs must have flopped on there sides numerous times...

or is that how you are supposed to service parts under the car?

so how did you tip the car over?If it was steep enough to roll/tip a subaru then the other rigs must have flopped on there sides numerous times...

or is that how you are supposed to service parts under the car?

I got stuck in that rut then we were pulling it out with the rope around a tree with my budies truck then the rope brakes and down the hill goes the subi hits the wall in the back corner. That is what sent it over. No one was in the car to pull the ebrake. good times

I got stuck in that rut then we were pulling it out with the rope around a tree with my budies truck then the rope brakes and down the hill goes the subi hits the wall in the back corner. That is what sent it over. No one was in the car to pull the ebrake. good times

Ouch.

If that was the "Bates Road Trail" I know how nasty that one can be.

I was a bit intimidated by it when my buddy showed it to me. (he drives a fully modded out Rubicon) I went for it and felt a rollover or at least a good stuckage was eminent. Got lucky though and was able to pick my way up it. He later told me, after we got to the top, that he knows guys with full on rock buggies that are scared of that one. Fact he watched a pretty stock Soob (I did have a welded rear at the time) go up it meant he was gonna go laugh at them. :lol:

Going back down was a bit more hairy than up it.

I did it when it was bone dry though, so traction was a bit more on my side. Looks like you may have had some wet to deal with, hope not too much damage was done.

Been avoiding that one till mid summer so it can be dry myself. :)

We all need to get together for some wheelin'. Been awhile since I've gotten to hit the trails with Michael.

I just got caught in a sticky place, after we roled it back over and burn all the oil out of the piston then we went back up it, only to turn around because my buddy didn't want to go up farther after the split conects back together. This was fine with me, I need to cool down after the tip over.

For shotgun OHV area memorial day weekend, It is a area close to the same as browns camp, It is just north of springfield, i have never been. plan so far is to leave on friday to get down there before the BLM closes in eugene to get a map. We are meeting a freind off the I-5 exit later that day. If you guy are interest we can set meet times that will work good for yall, alot of details are still in the air so more info next week.

Lol see yall are crackin jokes. Did you see his passenger side rear door in the last picture. He messed up his car pretty good on that one. My condolences and glad you got it back ok.

Here is another shot of the wreckage. you can also see the oil that leaked, up by were the window and hood meet and mixing with the dirt at the bottem of that fender. After the car got done smoking and we put more oil in it the 2.2 powered on the rest of the day!!

photo1.jpg[

Edited by rkjbutter