Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie with Climate control Question

Hi, I've been lerking (and learning) here for awhile and I must say this is a great site!

I got a 1990 Legacy LS about a month ago and I can't find instructions to the climate control, it's not like what is pictured in the owners manual. It says it is "Automatic Climate Control" and is digital. Is there a "bi-level"? The heat comes out the defrost and floor vents when on econ or auto and only out of the defroster vents when on def. The only way to get air out of the dash vents is to turn the temp way down. I would love to get some heat out of the dash, my fingers are freezing! ( I know wear gloves) Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

No, There isn't even anything that says AC. I know it has AC but there is no button for it. Seems like you just set the temp where you want and it decides if it's heat or AC, and what vent/fan speed it will use.

I did figure out that the AC compressor runs if it's on auto (and defrost) and it doesn't when on econ.

OK, got a picture of the climate control maybe that will help. I'm still looking for any info on this thing!

Cougar, there are no controls on the vents other than the directional ones.

PS Grey Ghost is the nick name for weimaraner's (because they are grey/silver), of which I have 2! and I also had GGHOST put on my car plates, which is grey/silver colored!

post-2619-136027588408_thumb.jpg