Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Low on power

Guest lazyNorm

I have a 99 2.5 Legacy GT auto with 52K miles. Lately it seems to be low on power. When I get into the gas, it doesn't have the kick that it used to. It also never seems to be in the right gear when going from a slow speed and then getting back on the gas. I almost have to floor it to get it in a gear that will accelerate. I have not had a check engine light or anything. Any ideas. The MPG are still good. I really don't want to take it somewhere and spend money to have some one tell me nothing is "wrong" or "that's normal" Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks----------Dave

Guest lazyNorm

I got it with 32K on it, I've put plugs and wires on it at around 45K. I also changed the tranny fluid at about the same time. Other than regular oil changes and such that's about it.

I put Bosch plugs in it, which I hear is a no no, but it still gets 20 -22 mpg which it has since we got it. Do you think I should pull a plug and see if its burning properly. Thanks ------------Dave

Guest lazyNorm

The fuel filter was changed less than a year ago. Like I said, I've kept up with maintainence. About how many miles does a oxygen sensor last typicaly. Will a bad O2 sensor give a CEL every time? Do the 99s have the the knock sensor problem I've read about some here. Just trowing some stuff out there for thoghts. Thanks--------Dave

Guest 86Brat86

my dad has a 99 legacy L on his subaru dealership lot and it had a bad computer and it made it have a huge flat spot in it. only time you could get up and go is to the floor. hope this helps

matt

Guest spagemurray

Auto-Rx performed wonders on my Mazda turbo and more so on MY00 Outback. NGK Iridium plugs are the go too IMO.

Guest lazyNorm

Matt,

Did your dad have to replace the computer or did he have it reprogramed at the dealer or something? Thanks----Dave