Ultimate Subaru Message Board

legacy rally?

Uberoo

I have a 93 legacy sedan.Its FWD.Other than a beefy skidplate and snow tires what do I need to go rallying? Can I put springs/struts from another subaru to lift the car about an inch or so? What needs to be beefed up on the suspension? Im on a junkyard budget BTW.

What kind of rallying are you looking to do? Rallycross, Stage Rally or just running around on some gravel roads when no one is around.

If you want to get into stage rally you will need a roll cage, race seats, upgraded suspension and a lot of other items. Check out the Rally America rule book for more info.

For rallycross, you don't need to do to much. A skidplate is nice but you can get away without one. New struts will help.

yep, Stage rally can't be done on a junkyard budget. you're looking at about $5k in safety equipment alone, just to be allowed to run. plus licensing, etc. etc. etc.

Rallycross....details depend on the event you're entering and the club/organization hosting it. but typically, a helmet, and a car in decent condition (functional lights, no major leaks, solid brake pedal, etc.).