Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UPDATE 7/12: Brat Rebuild Progress: Halo Stripes

Finally getting around to finishing this project. It's just been miserable weather here in the Northeast and everyone seems to be lacking enthusiasm including me.

It's at the body shop and should be in the new paint this coming week. Going with solid white in a single stage enamel. Pooparu is working on some camo halo decals for me as well.

Here's the link to the progress photos. I'll post 'em as i take 'em. I figure I should have everything back on the Brat (inside & out) by the 4th of July.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26905545@N07/sets/72157605926523746/detail/?page=7

Edited by ettev

myhilo,

I got the wheel wells right from Subaru thru the parts counter. When I got them there were still a few available.

Yep, the seat belts are in there. They are part of the bolt-in seat frame that I have. I'll get some pics and post 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job! looking forward to seeing the final results.

Doing the same to my 83 coupe... Hoping to have mine in the body shop by fall and back before winter snow..then spend the winter putting it back together.

I know what you mean about the crappy weather and motivation... its raining again right now...it also doesnt help I work nights and spend all day sleeping

When do you expect it back from being painted??:popcorn::popcorn:

When do you expect it back from being painted??:popcorn::popcorn:

If it's not too crappy tomorrow (too damp or too humid, or both) it should be in paint. I took my time with everything to date so I guess I can wait for a decent day to finish it. I'm just goofy when it comes to paint in that I like the weather to be pretty nice to have it shot. I really would like to have it going back together this long holiday weekend so I've got a window of 3 days to get it painted. Say a prayer to the rain gods for them to give me at least a half of day of nice weather over the next 3. The way this couple of weeks has been weather-wise its a roll of the dice. :-\

We just had about an hour long thunderstorm that seemed like the end of the freakin' world. It honestly looked like a tornado sky for a short time.

Rockin n rollin ... nice going Mike! Hopefully I'll get to stop by and see it on a Harry's / PA yard run.

Let me know when you're coming down. Give me a day or 2 notice. Harry's is about 25 minutes for me.

Are you painting your chrome bed trim along with the topper & body?

No. It is all taped off. The camper is being painted on the truck because the bed is already Rhino Lined. Easier to leave it on and paint it than have it suck up room in the booth and then worry about covering the bed.

Re-assembly begins! Got a pretty good bit of the exterior done today. Need to install the halo decals. I also have to pull the bed seats and install something I missed earlier :banghead:

Tomorrow and Monday the interior and stereo goes in. Should have it done by Monday afternoon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26905545@N07/sets/72157605926523746/detail/?page=8

Wow :eek: . That looks so good. I hope to someday have my brat looking just half, shoot I will take 1/4 that good. What did you do to fix the rust on the bottom of the doors? That is something that is bothering me about my brat aside from the wheel well rust spots... :-\

Dude im in love with that amp!! Is it powered or does it need an amp? You'll have to report back on how well it does.

My Brat needs one!

Also, I need to do Targa stripes on my Brat as well, so I will be paying close attention to how good yours turns out. Are you planning on installing them yourself?

Dude im in love with that amp!! Is it powered or does it need an amp? You'll have to report back on how well it does.

My Brat needs one!

Also, I need to do Targa stripes on my Brat as well, so I will be paying close attention to how good yours turns out. Are you planning on installing them yourself?

TSJ....did you mean the sub-woofer? If so it is a self-powered unit. I got everything working last evening and the sound totally kicks a$$. It'll take some fine tweeking of the equalizer settings, gain , filters, etc to dial it in just right.

The targas are just something you need to take your time with. I understand that they can be tricky because of the complex curve at the top of the A-pillar. I'll post picks after I attempt to tackle them. Maybe a day or two break from the Brat project though. My back is killing me from crawling and twisting around in that interior! :)

Edited by ettev