Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wedding --Mine

I am getting married July 5th near Ward, CO to Joy who some of you met at WCSS 7 and the more local crowd at various AWDpirates meets and such.

Anybody is welcome provided of course that they don't dress up fancy or any of that crap. Will be short, sweet and to the point. Right around NOON. Would love to see you there.

Location is:

Brainerd Lake Rec Area, google map address to the actual lake inside the park of 1701 Brainard Lake Rd Ward CO 80481.

It does cost $9 to get into this park. You can hike from the gate to the lake along the road to avoid at least some of the $9. I assume the gate is cash only as it is kind of remote. Hitchhike with a friend or something if you want to wait by the gate or something I am sure you can hitch a ride as its per car for the $9.

We will also be doing a 14er on the day before (4th of July) if anybody is wanting to tag along you are welcome to. I will post more details on this later as we haven't picked the peak yet.

Mods feel free to move my post but expect some welll.....lightning bolts. This will probably be the biggest old school Subaru meet we have had in Colorado in a while. I might even bring the Brat.

Just a minor update of mine. Shawn and I made it to the top of a 14er that we hiked the day prior to the wedding. My wife and Shawns wife to be went along and did very well.

The day of the wedding (yesterday) was great with awesome weather and a great setting near a lake with trees all around. Very nice that it was very low key. I wore my subaru shirt with all my sun burns from the hike the day prior.:)

:banana::banana::banana:Way to go Shawn!!!!:banana::banana::banana::headbang:

The setting really was awesome, in every sense of the word. No cathedral in the world could equal the backdrop of the snow covered peaks behind them.

ps: Joy isn't the kind to "keep Shawn off the forum" now that they've made it legal and are no longer living in sin :grin:

• 3 weeks later...