Ultimate Subaru Message Board

powerbuilt tools

SubaruWagon87

I picked up a 2 ton garage jack for $16 the other day, and it seems to work just fine. I was going to pick up a couple sets of jackstands, but for $15 a pair, I'm not sure if I'd trust my life to them. Has anyone had any luck with them? Or is there another cheap-ish brand thats trustworthy?

I don't know where in the country your town is - so I expect others don't as well. You may want to consider updating your profile.

Around here Advance Auto Parts has atleast some Powerbuilt stuff. Occasionally I "borrow" a front end servce kit or something from them. I have bought one of the little jacks as well after 2 of mine died on the same day. I think it was on sale for under 20 bucks at that time. It's been doing well for a year but it doesn't get much use.

Usually it's a bigger floor jack or a hydraulic scissors jack that I use. For supporting tranny's when pulling engines I use a screw type scissors jack from the pile that I have in the garage.

I think they had a promo on a jack and stand set when I bought my jack.

I'm pretty sure it's not the best made - but what do you want for under 20 bucks? I have broken front end service kit pieces from their borrowed set.