Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vacume line questions on an 84 Brat

I've got a carter-webber intake on my brat, and I was curious if anyone had any good information on how vacume lines should be routed, or what emissions stuff is really that important or not, I know the pvc valve is actually useful, but what about other stuff like the charco canister and what not? Theres so many hoses on their and I have no idea what any of them do, and I know theres a major leak cause I can really hear it when the engine is running... any info at all is very much apreciated, thanks:)

If you can hear it then it is probably the metal/rubber line from the EGR valve. Behind the carb to the drivers side of the EGR is a large diameter line the runs into the ASV system. At start up run your hand around there to see if you feel any holes or leaks. You can also use an inspection mirror to see the underside of the hose/pipe. I have ran into this line problem before. Moisture and such rust the pipe.