Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my Brat door handle just broke

chromed pot metal just broke on my Driver side outside handle on the Brat.

My parts brat one is not in best shape, in fact its cracked on the outside so i would imagine the part that holds the linkage is on way out too.

anybody got a good one?

any ea81 drivers side door handle should work....

my friend Russ has 4 wagon doors under his trailer still I'll see if he want to sell....

rescue wagon back door handle looks same I might remove it tomorrow after work when its still light out. I will still need a good one.

too bad none of the public junkyards around here have EA81 era. Maybe Dennis can get one from his private collection if Russ doesnt come thru.

there is one on ebay but it shows the passenger side and its listed as drivers side. says its actual picture. unamused at that.

Edited by bheinen74

well currently i do not know of a junkyard (public) in Iowa with a EA81 in it. I visit frequently about 20 junkyards in this state......5 jy in DM, 1 in Newton, 5 in waterloo, 2 in IC, 2 in CR, 1 in bloomfield, 1 in Homestead,1 in IRA, 1 in tama, etc

Edited by bheinen74

They are the same, Ive used passenger sides on drivers sides and vise versa, also used both sides for tailgate handles on gen 1 Brats as well... Gen 1 stage 2 and Gen 2 handles are the same dimensions and design, the only difference is the Gen 1 handles are smooth and the Gen 2 ones have that groove in them, but they are interchangeable.

-Bill