Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'81 BRAT EA81 bolt size and exhaust manifold

Hey all,

New guy here. I'm buying an '81 BRAT from a friend, but I need to know a few things. He pulled the engine a while back to change a bunch of gaskets, and in the process lost the motor mounts bolts and an exhaust manifold. I'm assuming I just have to dig through classifieds, JY's, ebay, craigslist, etc (As I've been doing) for the manifold, but could someone please tell me what size bolts I need for the motor mounts?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

the engine mount bolts are 10mm x1.25 and about 25mm in length. OEM ones will have a 14mm head on them, however if you buy them from the hardware store they will probably be a 17mm or 18mm head

just so you know there is no exhaust maniflold. You may have a cast thing on one of the heads (in 1981 I think it was on the passenger side if your car was equipped) thats about an inch thick that has the pipe for the air suction valve going to it... There is a Y-pipe that bolts to the heads and goes all the way to the passenger side of the transmission where it has another mounting point, hanging from the transmission... If you are missing any studs, those are also 10x1.25.. If you are missing the nuts I recommend you try and get some OEM ones from a dealer (they are the same as later models). The exhaust nuts are a non-ferrous alloy that wont seize (usually, lol) and also wont come loose when torqued properly..