Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, Who Officially is Going on The Rubicon Run....?????

Guest mudrat79

Guest mudrat79

Ok, So with less than 2 Weeks to go to the run, I would like to know who all is Truely going on this Subaru Adventure......?

I know I will be making the trip....I am 90% sure Ross is Tagging with me.

Ken and Eric.....? Car All better Ken.....?

Lumpycam Is Hooking up with me Here in Eugene on Friday Nite, to be fresh for saturday Drive.....

Other than these Folks, I am Unaware of any others With Vehicles going on the Trail.......?

One of the Moderators Stick this Please.......:)

Lets get the Ball rolling Boys and Girls......:)

Later, John in Oregon......

Guest SubaruJunkie

I want to go... but doubt i can make the run. I would love to help out, possibly at the end of the run. Maybe i can meet you all at the tahoe side... or wherever you decide to end the run. I could bring parts, tools supplies. Or just lend a helping hand.

Not enough vacation time to make a complete run though.

-Brian

Guest Turbone

Well, I had planned on going(again). But I still have to get the rest of my household moved. It really sucks cause my vacation is going to be spent finishing this up. Have other logistical probs also, like how was I going to get the Hatch there? Drive it? Crap, its always something.

I will be there in spirit, and will await the return of y'all. Once I get things in order here, I can concentrate on my Hatch and getting some serious off-roading done.

Rob

Guest Chairotsu

Looks like just the 3 vehicles John. And most likely my buddy's Toyota LC.

I'll talk with you over the phone about details that maybe we haven't discussed.

Guest SubaruJunkie

Stop being a big baby eric. I went there to ask for advise, sorry i made a mistake. And the last thing i would do is tell all of them the dates we plan on going. For all they know, we already ran the damn thing... or we gave up.

With an attitude like that, we're no better than they are.

-Brian

Guest Subaru Bob

Eric,

I tihnk you're a cool guy, and I think you have a lot to contribute to subaru tech and fourwheeling in general.

However, for someone who seems to "not care what the big guys think, cuz you'll show them" you're sure seeming to care an awful lot. What's it matter? People are going to see you on the Con regardless, and they are going to make fun of you. It is one of the most popular off-road trails in existence, and you make it sound like if no one is told that it is just going to be deserted the entire time you are there.

So, what does it matter whether or not Brian posted on Pirate? I think that you are giving the people that wheel the Con very little credit. Like I said earlier, you've always taken the position of "I don't care what others say, I'll wheel my soob, etc". Did you ever make a recon run down there? Maybe try and get an idea of what the place was actually like beforehand? I imagine you did, and I would hope you're taking someone with experience on the Con with you.

Just my 2 cents there. Flame me, whatever, email me and get mad, doesn't matter.

Guest SubaruJunkie

So staying on topic meaning.... you are going? You arent going? When are we planning on going? If I want to attempt to help at all... i will need to know in advance when to request days off. I can possibly get one or 2 days off to help. Thats even if you guys want my help.

-Brian

Guest Adam N.D.J.

I"m not going to be able to make it, but I'll be here when you guys roll through. So don't forget to lemme know when your heading out. You still for my number Ken? Jes want to make sure that I'm up. Cause I hear it's going to be pretty early when you get round here. Catch ya Laters.

Guest Ms Pushrod
:P Lummpycam & I will roll into Mudrats about Midnight,1:00am:;) Can't wait for you to meet the BEAST!:evil: .For those of you that can't come with us,we will have pictures.Maybe meet at Mudrats befor/afther??we'll let ya touch the rubiconsubicon rig's::lol: No jokes aside,For those of you on the sidelines,We know you are 4x4en with us in spirit.Thank you,see ya soon UnHATCHED,Lummpycam& Ms Pushrod.4x44LIFE,30 gears forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Hondasucks

Well, being that my 4x4 is still non-lifted, uninsured, and has tranny issues and my clutch is about fried, I won't be goin, and I can't afford to drive my Turbowagon down there to watch, or I would trust me! So you guys better get some good video, so Zap can have his "SubaRubicon 2002" video for us to buy :-) I think like, after you guys all get back, we should have a barbecue or something at John's place, so those of us around here who couldn't go can hear about it :-) I'll bring some steaks and some beer :-)

Guest Ms Pushrod

Hay went to my Emaile,tried to E,can't for 6hrs because off nonsuporter static,soooooooooo ask mudrat.sorry could'nt be any help .Please inlighten me,we know some of us are running the rubicon,right?but whom is'nt clear to even us going?and because of past STUFF(that makes no d- -n diff with this run anyway)there is still hard feelings????We are running the rubicon in subarus whith in the next 7days,fact.!! WE ALL have a love for the subaru rig fact.We live to test our ability to 4x4 and the subaru's ability to 4x4 fact.We share our love of subaru's (and everything elise)on this board,fact.!!SO(sorry if I afend anyone,thats not the intent)(if you have a problem with what I say,or how I've said it EMAIL ME,don't waist th board space thanks)lets let the past go,lesson learned.US going will have to pull togather,work as a team,have fun in the task,get along, this is no,at home,known trail weekend playday. Lori,4x44LIFE! this is my thoughts and (wisdom???) not anyone else's ;)

OK, here's how I see it. Everyone who is going knows that they are going. So far it looks to be 3 Subaru's and a LC.

Yes, Brian, I am going. Why would you think I would miss this? I set aside vacation time for this 8 months ago.

John, instead of reading thing into the post read the post. We are not that niave. What he said is that we don't need alot of extra people who'll be doing nothing but spectating on the trail. That is just what the old-timers and residents of the trail do not want. Why is it everyone who have never wheeled with us (or met us face to face) feel thye know us so well? Don't underestimate the Subes we drive. They are like no others. We are doing/have done our homework rest assured.

I am not trying to step on anyones toes or damage egos or any of that drama crap. I am stating my opinion(remember opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one and some of them stink!) nothing more and nothing less.

For those others who don't know what or why we are doing this. The Rubicon trail is one of the most prestigious and well known off-road trails in the world. We are going there to test or rigs against the trail. Not to show the any old Subaru can make it through. If we make it unscathed than it was a fantastic success. If we make it through under our own power with dents and scars then we are just like half the people that use this trail on a weekly basis. If we don't make it then we will know that we didn't belong there.

The bottom line is that no one knows what to expect from us. It really doesn't matter because we are going to try. And knowing that we tried when most of the world said we couldn't is reason enough to celebrate.

Qman

Brian, you have mail.

All others, I am giving this once more chance. On topic or it goes away. We need to know who is planning to be there. If you are considering it let us know here and we will contact you.

Qman

Guest lumpycam

Team Unhatched will be attending SUBICON 2003.We will be at John's shop sometime friday night.I will be driving Unhatched as all available tow rigs are not worthy.I'm really looking forward to the con , maybe I can relax alittle.Fresh air , open skies,mountains , rocks and subarus.

Now sporting on board air and stock radio!:)

Guest mudrat79

WOW.........

Funny to see how quickly a post gets off Topic......:)

Anyhow, Ok, So it looks to me Like Everyone will be Meeting and Then Leaving from my Place saturday........

I'll have my Ride ready to bail when you Get here ....:)

We can do a bit of Fine tuning , and then Drive on.....

I've got a call into Corporate Subaru Of America In Portland to see if Edgar or any of the Other Higher-Ups are into going for the drive and ride, :lol: I am going to call up there again this morning....I feel we Owe it to them for Sponsoring the welders....:cool:

See you all here on Saturday, John in Eugene......

Guest Mike W

I suppose it's too late for SOA to sponsor live via satellite TV coverage from the trail? Dang maybe next year! (Just kiddng. I bet the pirates etc would really love that!) Anyways, you guys know I'll be there in spirit. Keep the rubber side mostly down and all that crap, take lots of video/pics and of course have a hella good time!