Ultimate Subaru Message Board

80 hatchbrat

Wow! ... :) ... it Looks Very interesting and for the Pictures you Posted, it looks Very Proffesional and Clean Job, Well Done; Congrats!

Could I Ask: Which Disty you Used? ... `83 Ford?

Here in my Country did came a Carbed + Disty Version of the EJ Engine from 1989 up to late 1993 in Earlier Legacies, but Those cars are Still Running in Good Shape and here, due to no Salt on the Roads, the Cars seems to Last Forever... the Dealer doesn`t have any replacement EJ Disty; so seems to be almost impossible to Find one Here, Unless some of those Carbed Legacies Crashes and then Sold as Parts or Something like That...

Also: Could I Ask for a Picture of your Dual Carb Setup? ...

I`ll Like to Know more about the Performance of that Engine and other Details as Long as you Can.

Kind Regards!

From what I can remember off my head, thats a 2.2 with a Holley 390 cfm 4bbl carb. IIRC the crank is bent in that motor, but he was building a new one with new parts to have it ready by WCSS 10. From what i heard before the crank went bad, the car had huevos GRANDE!!!!!! Said he pegged the speedo needle in 3rd gear and was still going... it has a 5 speed D/R swapped in and custom 14" rims with like 27" AT tires. Modified Jeep roll bar, dual exhaust with stacks which sounds pretty sweet, onboard air, Peterbilt airhorns, working cyclops light, custom bumpers, 4" lift, and I could go on...

I have not seen the Dual carb setup yet, but I have seen what those carbs will be sitting on... And it will "blow" your mind... :grin:

-Bill

Thank you for your Kind Answer! :)

...the car had huevos GRANDE!!!!!! ... And it will "blow" your mind... :grin:

That Sounds GREAT! ... :headbang:... I Really Like it soo Much!

I`ll Love to See Pics of the Carb Setup and Videos of it in Order to Hear that Engine too...

Great Built Subie For Sure!

Kind Regards.

Hey JesZek This is Jerry, the disty i am running is a true EJ disty i got it from New Zealand a special thanks to Callum. ...

Oh Jerry!, I am Glad to Know that you Obtained that Disty... :banana:...and Your Subie is Absolutely Awesome!

Could I Ask about how Much Power (Torque / Hp) are Doing that EJ Engine with that Setup? ... Any Calculations?

Kind Regards.

JesZeK