Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thank you Mark, You're So Kind; but that Thread was pointed about the Rear Brakes and my Problem are with the Front Brakes... So I Still need a Solution.

This thread was offered up as a way for you to eliminate the park brake cable from your front calipers and relocating them to the rear. Best of luck resolving your brake issues.

Mark

...This thread was offered up as a way for you to eliminate the park brake cable from your front calipers and relocating them to the rear. ...

Yes, I Understood That, I Believe that's a Good Idea too...

Thank You again.

...I have 4 lug EA knuckles, 5 lug EA xt6 knuckels, and 1st gen legacy knuckles down at my shed. If you want I can mix and match parts and see what fits for you. ...

Oh my God! ... Yes!!! :banana:

Please do that if you Could... Because if you can tell me Which exactly Caliper Works in the EA Braclet, without e-Brake Stuff, it could be the Answer to my Prayers!

Thank you in Advance.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Long time Passed by and I already Lost the Hope to obtain EJ Calipers fitted on EA Bracklets, so as I wrote before:

... After all this Time ... :( ... I changed my Mind.

Now I wonder if I Send those Old Calipers to a Machine Shop in order to Close the Caliper's Back and Remove all the lousy e-Brake System's Stuff... Do you Believe that it Could Work

Kind Regards.

JesZek, lo siento mucho. Estoy totalmente de espacio, en esta cosa. Creo que usted podría conseguir pinzas EJ de la existencia, pero que va a requerir algún fabricación bastante extensa. Puesto que usted ha hecho una conversión ER27, sospecho que no será un gran problema para usted. Sólo se advirtió. La próxima vez que tenga mi GL en el ascensor, yo prometo que voy a entrar ahí con las pinzas de EJ y ver los detalles. Lo sentimos!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Right now, a Friend in Miami Fl. just called me by Phone, he's Coming here to Visit me and asked if I Wanted Something from there...

I Just Asked him to Search for the Front Calipers for my EA82 Wagon. Maybe a Rebuilt set...

That's good news, although I'm sure you could have had rebuilt ones delivered to you weeks ago if you had used rockauto.com.

Jacob

Jacob, could I Ask what is the Meaning of the Word...

...That you Wrote? :confused:

Kind Regards.

I was trying to be funny. I think that word originates from people trying to sneak things into prison. They'd put them in their butts, or "keisters" because that's the only place the guards wouldn't look. Obviously your friend in Florida won't be doing that, but I'd imagine he or she may have at least some difficulty moving calipers.

I've only dealt with the Canadian border, so my experience may be quite different.

Jacob

Shipping overseas can be a major huge pain in the rear. There are tricks to get around custom crap, and whatnot. But buying from an online retailer and having them ship overseas can be the biggest pain. They legally can't lie about why they're sending the package, so it can hang up in customs, get major fees attached to it, etc.

If it's just a personal package you can say it's a gift, or sample merchandise or something and it'll get through without an issue.

Thank you for your Kind Reply... Now I Understood "Keisters" :)

The Guy that is Searchin' for the Calipers just called by Phone again, asking my Subie's Vin Number... he said that the Salesman needed it to Search for the Proper Part on their Database.

I'm Crossing Fingers now... if he could bring those calipers here, I will Avoid Taxes and Shipping Costs. :banana:

Kind Regards.

Shipping overseas can be a major huge pain in the rear. ...

Yes, I experienced that Several times, importing car's parts, including my Brand New Weber Conversion Kit I Obtained in 2006 online, and more recently, the Rear Disc Brakes sent by a Good Friend here, in USMB.

Customs Clearance was a Nightmare...

My Friend called again, the Salesman needed more Details about my "BumbleBeast" and the Parts I Needed, so my Friend gave his Cellphone to the Salesman to Talk Directly to me.

Holy Weird Behaviour! ... After I Gave the Needed Details, he Just said:

"...Your Car is Very Old, go get a New one..."    :(   "...we Don't have that Part..."

So, Seems like I Lost the Chance for Now...

My Friend called again, the Salesman needed more Details about my Ride and the Parts I Needed, so my Friend gave his Cellphone to the Salesman to Talk Directly to me.

Holy Weird Behaviour... After I Gave the Needed Details, he Just said:

"...Your Car is Very Old, go get a New one..." :( "...we Don't have that Part..."

So, Seems like I Lost the Chance for Now...

What he said is total BS, but I'm not surprised. When will your friend visit you? He may still have time to order from Rockauto or a good Subaru parts place like subarugenuineparts.com.

Jacob

Thank you, Jacob.

He is Coming Tomorrow Morning, so I'll Travel to pick him up at the Capital City Airport.

Since I'll go to Capital City, I could visit the local Subaru Dealer and ask them for a Rebuild Kit, to fix the Front Calipers...

... once again ... :( ...

So, I went to the Stealership to buy New Parts to Rebuild (once again) my Subie's Front Calipers; also I Asked for a New Hill Holder Check Valve, just in Case I had Enough Money for everything, because the one on my "BumbleBeast" has been Leaky.

First I Asked the Price of a Brand New Complete Caliper,

The Salesman Show me this:

IMG1467A.jpg

Yes, They Have it but Only two for the Left Side... :banghead: ...and is Very Expensive

IMG1469A.jpg

its Cost is around $ 180.ºº US Dollars, but the Funny Thing is, that Subaru Wrote...

IMG1477A.jpg

... Cariper, instead of Caliper...

Is that's a usual Japanese Translation Mistake, to Confuse the "L" with the "R" Letter?

I remember something about an Aporogize for a similar Confusion...