Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Your post contains Useful info, Thank you for Sharing.  :D 

By your Description of the Subaru Options in Iceland, I noticed that we have almost the Same here in Latin America; Turbo Models does not come with Dual Range, and we also have the 1.5L
(EJ15) and 1.6L (EJ16) Imprezas, with optional Dual Range.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 1 month later...

The "One Reverse Light" tail lights Setup always comes with the single White One on the Passengers' Side

Almost all Latin American Countries has LHD Cars, like USA and Does Follow the USDM Standards, so Usually the "Dual-Reverse-Lights" Tail Lights' setup is more often seen, but since LADM (Latin American Domestic Market) is the World's "Oddball" you can see some Subies -and other cars- sold here with EUDM Specs, such like the "One-Reverse-Light" setup, without any especial reason...

The Subaru in the Following Photo, belongs to a Friend who lives in Ecuador, South America, The Single White Reverse Light is on the Passenger Side, 

Which is the Rear Right since since the Subie is LHD:

NerioJaramillo.jpg

But the RHD "One-Reverse-Light" Setups does have the single White Light at the Other Side; 

6818990888_d3dede34f4_o.jpg

Which still is on the Passenger Side, because this car is RHD.

By the way, this last one is an EA71 (1.6L) Engined Wagon.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As Far As I Know, Subaru of America (SOA) imported to USA, only Seven dual range Legacies on year 1989, all of them were used as Display models on certain Dealers in USA; after that, some were sold, one of them reached here to USMB, but to find a Dual Range EJ subaru in USA is pretty hard.

However, I came across this Cragslist advertisment, of one of those EJ Dual range Transmissions for sale:

Dual%20Range%20EJ%20Transmission.jpg

~► http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/5563869077.html

I bet that lots of Folks in USMB will be interested in having EJ dual range AWD on their rigs.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Well, I'm facing a huge problem to find a new web site to Host my numerous photos to share on the Forums; since the Fiasco of Photobucket, (More info ~► Here) and I have lots of new Photos & procedures to Share, not only here in USMB, but also to share in some other web forums, always regarding my Repairs and Modifications done on cars... 

I was searchin' for a suitable Replacement to Photobuckshít, while an elder man, from another town near where I live, came to my home seeking help to do a simple tuneup on his first gen Subaru Legacy; the car was so in very bad shape but still running strong; and featured a nice EJ22 with the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market) Specs, you know... Carb & Disty from Factory.

Simplicity at its Best, you know... couple it to a 4WD and you'll find the perfect, afordable vehicle for our Rural Areas.

The few background stories I heard from the Owner, includes Three (yes, 3) roll overs and four crashes including a donkey and a cow, at night in curves...

Yes, this Subaru is a Beater for Sure, and after changing Sparkplugs, Air Filter, Gasoline Filter, some cleansing on its carb, and Oil & filter; the thing purred like a kitten.

So, Let me Share some photos of said LADM Specs EJ22 and at the same time, I'll try IMGUR as web host for my Photos:

I am still learning how to share Photos from IMGUR  ... :D ...

I hope the images displays correctly, also I hope that IMGUR does not Scramble their web links as Facebook does.

Let me Know if these images displays Properly; they'll are from the EJ22 with Carb & Disty from Factory.

Still I don't know how to embed a Video from IMGUR here, I uploaded this one:

https://imgur.com/gallery/C6iTgMp

Please, Let me Know if they display here.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2012 at 9:03 PM, Loyale 2.7 Turbo said:

Seems like the Only nations in the World that doesn't has the Dual Range Transmissions as an option in the Subaru Lineup, since the introduction of the EJ (Legacy & impreza) and Newer models, are USA and Canada.

Do you know if they are they available in Mexico? I am right on the US/MX border and I'd happily pop over to get a transmission or two.

Subaru started selling cars in Mexico recently, since 2005, due to their protective economy to safeguard their local industry (they build cars like Kia, Honda, BMW, General Motors, Ford, etc...) Subaru gained access in 2005, but Subaru sales in Mexico are not significative, so, maybe you can find Subarus in Mexico but is like finding a needle in a haystack, somehow.

Better search online prior to go, include Subarus in Central America, Guatemala and El Salvador have Subaru Dealers; Honduras lost the Subaru Dealer some years ago... being the last Subarus with LADM (Latin American Domestic Market) Specs, sold in 2012... there are but few.

Kind Regards.

I forgot to mention two things:

One is that maybe, the sales of Subaru in Mexico could be part of the SOA (subaru of America) and thus means that if it is so, they'll be USDM specs.

Latin America received Subarus directly from Japan, thru the Dealers... but there are some Subarus that came from USA to the Latin American countries, even running on highways and roads from USA, like my beloved Subaru "BumbleBeast" and many others... many came used from USA inside containers on merchant vessels, so, in Latin America, some Subarus are USDM specs, and the others sold locally are LADM specs.

Second thing: Underlined words are web links to further information on the subject :) as usual.

Kind Regards.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:02 PM, WhatsASaab said:

... I am right on the US/MX border and I'd happily pop over to get a transmission or two.

Dual Range transmissions for modern Subarus, are available in USA, here:

~► https://jdmenginesimport.com/details/1079/subaru/jdm-subaru-5-speed-manual-transmission-99-05-2-5l-forester-legacy-4-11-ty755xs1aa.html#prettyPhoto

There are other sources as well...

Kind Regards.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:04 PM, Loyale 2.7 Turbo said:

Dual Range transmissions for modern Subarus, are available in USA, here:

~► https://jdmenginesimport.com/details/1079/subaru/jdm-subaru-5-speed-manual-transmission-99-05-2-5l-forester-legacy-4-11-ty755xs1aa.html#prettyPhoto

There are other sources as well...

Kind Regards.

Wow I didn't find that in my searches, thanks for the link! Much cheaper than importing one myself. And that should be a direct replacement for my current 5 speed? assuming diff ratios are correct

Edited by WhatsASaab