Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spotted this car

That's not an RX so it's most likely a tranny-swapped Turbo GL. Probably was a push-button car originally.

GD

Roger that, it's not an RX or an RS. I realized it was a GL. The d/r is interesting. Also seeing the rear cargo light and slightly different hvac buttons was odd. But 90K? body was a whole lot less rock chipped and hammered up than mine, could believe it was an original 90K miles and not an instrument swap

There would be a certain amusement in having two of the same body style, I could have one lifted and one for the pavement. Think of the interchangeability of the spares :slobber:

too bad I couldn't store my old spfi and s/r, they got crushed when the wagon met it's maker

My favorit subaru of all time :)
really? go fix that rust so i can take notes!!

There would be a certain amusement in having two of the same body style, I could have one lifted and one for the pavement.
not just amusement but functionality too, you're going to need a spare with an EA82T.

now that you mention the HVAC differences, I see it too. which means it's an '85-'86. which means it could be PT4WD D/R. I know the '85-'86 RXs had a 3.7 PT4WD 1.2:1 D/R.

the buttons remind me of the 85 DL I had... hmm, maybe I'll crawl under their car at o' dark thirty and see what the dif tag says

Its definitely an 86.... Interesting, Hopefully they will sell it to you cheap, would be a good rig to play around with after you ditch the turbo EA82...

-Bill

can I blow it up first? never actually hand-grenaded an engine... I wanna see big chunks of oily metal flying willy nilly :eek:

seriously, that would make a good car to 'RX', even though it has that lip on the hatch

then I could have my RS for the dirt/snow and trails...

Its just a unbadged RX.

There were some from the factory that never got labeled as a RX but had most of the RX stuff, sans body kit.

If you look at the Vin # it will tell you.

They are pretty rare, maybe even more than mine.

it doesn't have a center dif , 3.7 lsd, ground effects, or rear spoiler, by that logic my Loyale RS is an 'unbadged RX'

it's a turbo GL, maybe unusual, but nothing exotic

it doesn't have a center dif , 3.7 lsd, ground effects, or rear spoiler, by that logic my Loyale RS is an 'unbadged RX'

it's a turbo GL, maybe unusual, but nothing exotic

I thought that pic of the interior showed a locking diff switch, but its just a decal for 4wd.

But what I said still holds true. Maybe not with this one, but theres some out there.

If you get the Vin # we would know for sure.

I thought that pic of the interior showed a locking diff switch, but its just a decal for 4wd.

But what I said still holds true. Maybe not with this one, but theres some out there.

If you get the Vin # we would know for sure.

I could attempt it, early enough in the morning they may be less likely to shoot at me if I park my similar looking car in plain sight - the note was gone off the windshield this morning