Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ruby

Hey,

I've had this car for years. I told you she would be back:).

1989 GL Sedan. SPFI DR 5speed. I moved it out of the weeds tonight. I've got a 129,000 mile motor for it. It was my wheeler for a year, was a really nice car when I got it.

picture.php?albumid=155&pictureid=1532

Doug

"It's always a good day, when you get new tires".

Edited by Quidam
Add picture.

Hi,

Installed two new front fenders today. Hood and front passenger door from an '86 GL-10. New Bosal muffler, two pugs. I don't have enough good pug lug nuts.

Power washed it all over, it was dirty from setting so long.

picture.php?albumid=155&pictureid=1533

Doug

Edited by Quidam
Add picture.

Hey,

Yea, the fenders are genuine Subaru. It looks like Frankenbu. Seven different colors.

Front sway bar removed. Parts left out cost nothing. I don't need it where I'll be driving. Suspension, axles, ball joints have allready been gone through. Has power steering, windows/locks. I took the AC off firewall foreward a few years ago.

Dougpicture.php?albumid=155&pictureid=1537

Edited by Quidam
Add text.

Thats cool, bout $300 for both.. Anyhoo, you took the Sway bar off, why? I know it doesn't do much, but it takes corners at higher speeds better. You are using this as a road car, right? Won't be going on trails with those tires anyway.

Getting close, I spy 5 diffrent colors Lol!

-Tom

Hey,

"Anyhoo, you took the Sway bar off, why? You are using this as a road car, right? Won't be going on trails with those tires anyway."

I'll be running back roads through the hills. Gravel roads, ATV type trails. Some back roads here you drive through creeks:)

I can get some articulation with the bar off and it helps with ground clearance. The tires...well, they're just what's on it for now. 195/60.

I've got the parts for front and rear bars if I want to go that way too. LSD and rear discs as well.

I intend to powerwash the "new" motor next.

Doug