Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i am not giving up on fixing this issue but anyway have a 94 ss has new rad, cap , thermostat, cts , flush , and lastly a wrx coolant tank. Car never overheats temp guage always just under the middle. fans cycle when warned up as long as i dont start driving around at a steady speed as it seems. When the fans run constantly i just restart the car and they cycle again and yes i tried the fan relays. Last thing i need to know is how the fans relate to the vss. If lets say there is no input momentarily is it possible it failsafes the fans to stay on ? No cel but i do get a duty c code from the tcu sometimes possibly related. I need this fixed i cant stand it !

The fans are supposed to cycle.

If you mean that they are running continuously, even though it appears that the engine temp is normal, then it might be a bad temp sensor. The PCM controls when the fan(s) come on usually with a separate sensor than what the temp gauge in the dash uses. I can't imagine that Subaru would make it any different than any other OBD2 car I've ever worked on.

i mean they dont shut off after driving more then like 15mins but if i restart the car they are off and cycle usually. Already tried 3 sensor newish oem, new non oem , new oem exact same issue and yes its the sensor with two pins i am replacing.