Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring diagram needed - 88 RX transmission

baccaruda

hi, after 68415631 years, I'm finally going to hook up the wiring to my swapped-in RX transmission. I'd like to get ahold of a wiring diagram if someone can help:

My RX trans has a round 6-pole plug and a separate 2-pole plug that I need covered in the diagram. If you can help I'll pay you one million dollars plus expenses. thanks!!!!!

argh. thanks Russ.

I've had that diagram for I-don't-know-how-long and always glossed over it. I just realized that the F59 connector is the one I'm talking about with 6 poles but it only charts theB, B, GB, and LR wires.

Here I've just added in the G and BW wires which are presumably in another diagram somewhere... anyone got the answer? Probably reverse or neutral or something.

rxft4wdwiring.jpg

Edited by baccaruda

They don't have a neutral switch in them IIRC. Both wires should be for the reverse lights but lemme grab my FSM...

*runs over to the bookshelf*

Looks like I was right. Should be a GW and a G for the wire colors. The 6-wire plug is for the RX tranny (since it has a switch for the low light, diff lock and reverse lights) and the single range tranny has a 4 wire plug (diff lock and reverse).

• 4 months later...

Just for my own future reference :grin:

On the 6 wire plug:

The position of G/BG is low light switch

The position of B/LR is diff lock switch

The position of BW/G is reverse (mine was actually GW/G)

On the two wire plug:

LR/B is neutral switch (or rather in any gear its "on" in neutral its "off")

All are simple on/off switches and not to ground or anything. Actual wire colors may vary slightly. Use the wire position to locate.

Again, not to restate the obvious, just to break it down. Also if you didn't get the 6 wire plug end from the donor car, if you follow the 6/2 wire plugs back up towards the rear of the tranny, you will find the switches all originate with a twi wire male end that is very common. In my case, I had several of the female ends I clipped off unused wiring.