Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STI-WOLF is getting Lifted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one eye

T-Roy made his way up to my place this weekend and we made his car a little taller.......................

Before....................................................

l_87ec010d355846b799115b591f641e87.jpg

l_7cf866275cd44c28bdfebca8874c1659.jpg

Now

IMG_2569.jpg?t=1250469420

IMG_2570.jpg?t=1250469440

IMG_2571.jpg?t=1250469456

IMG_2582.jpg?t=1250469493

The front is up....................................

IMG_2583.jpg?t=1250469510

IMG_2584.jpg?t=1250469551

IMG_2586.jpg?t=1250469574

IMG_2589.jpg?t=1250469601

IMG_2594.jpg?t=1250469634

IMG_2595.jpg?t=1250469650

This is just a 2" lift like all the others....................:grin::grin::grin::):banana::banana:

Jeff

Edited by one eye

Jeff, if I may make a suggestion, I noticed on those straps you use in the rear you have no bracing to keep them from bending in a hard drop, maybe weld a small plate brace in on the inside edge of the straps for the added strength, and maybe a brace between them to keep them from swinging front or rearward.... Of course this is just my thoughts, I build all my stuff way overkill :grin:

Looks good though :headbang:

-Bill

T-roy has made it back to my place as he has blown his motor.............. he is getting bolts right now at the local Lowes....... but we have another motor here at least, it has been a long assed day so far.............:-\:rolleyes:

Jeff

Jeff, if I may make a suggestion, I noticed on those straps you use in the rear you have no bracing to keep them from bending in a hard drop, maybe weld a small plate brace in on the inside edge of the straps for the added strength, and maybe a brace between them to keep them from swinging front or rearward.... Of course this is just my thoughts, I build all my stuff way overkill :grin:

Looks good though :headbang:

-Bill

Bill it would be a good Idea but there has been no problems so far, none of them have spun off to the side............ one guy has been able to blow the strut off the bottom side and all the blocks stayed in there place.......

Jeff

Holy cow!!

Man those lil block lifts are the way to go huh?!!

Anybody have input yet if that would go in new gen subies?

I've interested in an inch of lift (via blocks) in my 95 OB-strutted legacy.

Thanks and looks good, and SO simple..

Anyhoo, Jeff looks awesome. I take it Troy is happy now? :-p Too bad you guys gotta swap engines right before EC :rolleyes: But hows it coming along?

-Tom :)

We got the motor in and everything swaped out over the next day, It was quite a bit of work but Rick and I got it done................

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Holy cow!!

Man those lil block lifts are the way to go huh?!!

Anybody have input yet if that would go in new gen subies?

I've interested in an inch of lift (via blocks) in my 95 OB-strutted legacy.

Thanks and looks good, and SO simple..

With outback struts on a Legacy, you have already pushed the springs up. If you put a block onto of that, you're axles will be at too extreme of an angle.

I'm also wondering if this would work on a new soob

GLs are extinct in this part of the country (MI) I have the only GL 3 door I've ever seen in person, wich has this lift, but is getting rusty. I just picked up a 98 Outback sport, and did the Legacy OB lift, But would do more if anyone knows about wear and tear.

Go to bangor my mom now has the only 6 inch lifted 1986 wagon with no rust in michigan she is the post office worker in bangor and people are like what the f/// is that thing

With outback struts on a Legacy, you have already pushed the springs up. If you put a block onto of that, you're axles will be at too extreme of an angle.

But by putting blocks on, doesn't that just push the body up off the suspension, like body lift vs. a suspension lift of the 'ol 4x4s?

Ooh, wait its a unibody, so pushing the body up pushes engine/tranny up too, huh?

Hmmmm, I see. Well i did just recently get the engine x-member blocks from a forester and the rear sway arms and brackets from an outback to fit into my lego.. So that'll push the engine down close to an inch and lesses the axle angles up front, then the rear swing arm bracket also pushes things down the same distance so that should help angles too, right?

I'm thinking scorpion springs and considering scorpion raised spings vs. a 1" block kit (like from jackson rally, but this looks simpler and cheaper)...

:-\

BTW, Nice work on these little lift block sets ya'll!!!

• 1 month later...